La Familia has a 40-year history of providing high-quality mental health and community support services in the San Francisco Bay Area. The agency started as part of a grassroots movement and our ties to the community remain deep and passionate. La Familia is committed to building a vibrant and multicultural agency to provide services that meet the needs of the individuals and families in our community. Our current work includes:
- Outpatient Behavioral Health Services
- Services for Individuals with Developmental Disabilities
- Community Outreach Services
- Education and Employment Services
- Substance Use Wellness and Recovery
- Leadership to Community Coalitions to Advance Equity Initiatives
- Reentry Services
The On-Call Residential Support Staff member will provide residential care and programming to residents in any of our four residential programs. These programs include: Les Marquis Family Emergency Shelter, Banyan House Transitional Housing Facility, El Chante Substance Use Disorder Men’s Recovery Home, and Sally’s Place Peer Respite Home. Each of these programs provides a unique level of support for our consumers and all programs place an emphasis on responsibility, respect, and compassion. Please note that training for each individual program is required prior to taking any shift for that program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision and monitoring of residents on site, consistent with the program policies and procedures, which may vary significantly from site to site/program to program.
- Ensure that residents participate in site programming as expected.
- Appropriately and accurately document interventions, client behavior, and program progress.
- Answer the telephone and the door efficiently and courteously, as needed.
- Detect and implement appropriate disciplinary reports and actions on violations of community rules/comfort agreements.
- Perform other general office duties as expected for the shift being covered.
- Able to think and act quickly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures, including workplace safety, reporting work related injuries, and preventing potential safety risks for staff, clients and others.
- Respond to telephone calls pertaining to crisis, request for referrals, and requests for program information.
- Dispense resident medications as per prescription as needed (El Chante Men’s Recovery Home only).
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.