Are you a rock star researcher and writer? Are you interested in improving the relationship between utility companies and their customers? Do you have expertise in account management, contact center operations, customer experience, digital engagement, or marketing and communications? Do you enjoy being in a player/coach role? If so, we want to hear from you. E Source provides research and advisory services to electric, gas, and water utilities with the goal of increasing the effectiveness of their operations, customer programs, and customer relationships.
We're looking for a senior or lead analyst to join our Customer Engagement Solutions research team. This team is focused on creating content that helps our clients gain a deeper understanding of their customers and engage with them most effectively.
At E Source, our passion for sustainability and energy efficiency fuels our work. We provide software solutions and research and advisory services to electric, gas, and water utilities with the goal of increasing the effectiveness of their operations, customer programs, and customer relationships. We're on a mission to help our clients evolve into customer-centric organizations that make data-driven decisions. And we like to have fun while we do it!
As a senior or lead analyst, you should enjoy creating unbiased content, filled with actionable advice, that helps our clients make data-driven decisions. In this role, you'll field on-demand research requests from our utility members and write in-depth research reports on topics such as utility account management, residential and business marketing, digital engagement, and corporate communications. Prior experience and proven expertise in any of these areas is critical for success in this role.
Our ideal candidate has:
- More than five years' experience in account management, contact center operations, customer experience, digital engagement, or marketing
- A Bachelor's degree; Master's degree is a plus
- A passion for helping utilities optimize their interactions with customers, as well as a desire to nurture that passion in others
- Excellent writing, analytical, communication, presentation or public-speaking, and time management skills
- Experience leading and mentoring junior staff
- Experience collaborating in a cross-functional environment to deliver complex deliverables on schedule
- Humility and a collaborative attitude - our research teams are inquisitive, open-minded, and often lean on each other for help and input in working our way through complex problems
- A team-focused mindset
- Experience in the energy industry is a plus
- Conduct research via primary and secondary sources, talking directly with utilities about their work and collaborating with our market research team
- Leverage your subject-matter expertise in one or more of the areas the Customer Engagement Solutions team covers - account management, contact center operations, customer experience, digital engagement, and marketing
- Commit to growing your expertise and that of your teammates
- Answer customer research requests, often on a tight deadline
- Think critically to identify trends, best practices, and insights to help our members better serve and engage with their customers
- Contribute to producing innovative, ground-breaking reports
- Present your research findings via online and in-person events
- Act as a supportive, collaborative senior member of the Customer Engagement Solutions team
- Show initiative and eagerly contribute to projects by providing assistance and guiding others to successfully complete research projects
- We offer excellent insurance packages, including medical, dental, and vision plans; company-paid life insurance; company-paid long- and short-term disability insurance; and medical and dependent-care flexible spending plans.
- We offer flexible schedules and generous paid time off as soon as you start, including three weeks of vacation, eight paid holidays, two floating holidays, and seven sick days a year. We have additional time-off banks for jury duty, bereavement, and parental leave.
- We offer a 401(k) with a 3% employer match.
Please submit a cover letter with your application.
The budgeted salary for this position is $60,000 to $85,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
Ideally this person will work from our Boulder, Colorado, location, but we will consider remote candidates or a combination of an in-office and at-home work schedule.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. Were unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment visas at this time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.