Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, sales and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, premiums, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Knowledge of Vertafore Agency Management products is preferred.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Customer Service experience required
- Thorough understanding of insurance industry, farm underwriting, products and coverage.
- Must be fully licensed as a Fire & Casualty Broker/Agent and license must be maintained. (Continuing education required)
- Continue to develop his/her talents and insurance knowledge to the highest level possible.
Physical demands of the job that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions are represented below. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently required to use manual dexterity.
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time at a desk and working on a computer.
- Ability to talk and listen.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus
This is a full-time non-exempt position. The Agency provides compensation for all overtime hours worked by non-exempt employees in accordance with State and Federal laws.
Hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Agency may occasionally schedule a “work Saturday” where the office may be open from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., or as determined by management. Employees may volunteer or be required to work.
Characteristics are relatively stable. The noise level is usually moderate and the exposure to hazardous conditions is practically non-existent. Listed below are applicable special environmental conditions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Fast-paced multi- tasking environment with high disruption.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
This Job Description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
This description is not intended as a contract and is subject to change and revision. Any written contractual agreements will supersede this job description. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged employees.