Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspiring a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography, and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, you’ll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director of Institutional Giving, the Institutional Giving Coordinator provides administrative support to the Institutional Giving team and is responsible for timely gift acknowledgment and coordinating benefits fulfillment for donors. A successful candidate will have strong communication and organization skills, as well as an interest in the arts.
The Institutional Giving team oversees a portfolio of 70+ dedicated corporate, foundation, and government funders and is responsible for raising $3-5 million annually to support the mission, work, and goals of Houston Ballet.
*Please note: This position requires work time outside regular business hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Institutional Giving team, including scheduling and preparing agendas for internal meetings, completing and submitting purchase order forms, and organizing and updating donor files and records.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date calendars of all corporate events.
- Review entry of gifts in the donor database for accuracy and produce and distribute acknowledgment letters and invoices.
- Ensure benefits fulfillment, including maintaining donor listings, coordinating corporate events, and creating social media posts for donor recognition in collaboration with the Marketing department.
- Design basic event invitations, fulfillment and impact reports, and presentations.
- Assist with creating written materials, including donor feature articles, as needed.
- Provide additional support to the Development department, as needed.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of two years of professional work experience.
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Outstanding organizational skills, including managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated with the ability to problem solve independently and as part of a team.
- Available to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Preferred Additional Qualities:
- Understanding of fundraising principles and practices.
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management systems, Tessitura preferred.
- Experience in Adobe Creative suite, InDesign preferred.
- Interest in and knowledge of the arts.
*Only applicants who meet the required qualifications and submit ALL requested documents will be considered for this position.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we will not be able to acknowledge receipt of your resume.
NO PHONE CALL INQUIRES, PLEASE.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access & EEO Statement:
Houston Ballet is dedicated to creating meaningful change by cultivating a space that honors what is unique in all of us. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) are instrumental in fulfilling our mission and values. We recognize our responsibility to be an inclusive and open organization for students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds. Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Houston Ballet’s shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are “all in” and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballet’s mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.