What We Do
At Terabase Energy, we believe that digitalization and automation will drive the next wave of innovation and cost reduction in large scale solar. To fully unlock the potential of this opportunity, Terabase is developing an interconnected software and construction automation platform. We work alongside project developers, owners, and engineering & construction firms to support the design, optimization, and construction of huge solar projects around the world. Our team is a blend of solar-industry veterans and newbies, thought-leaders, dreamers, software, electrical and mechanical engineers, coders, product managers, project managers, and sales and marketing professionals. We are based in Northern California, with several other offices in the United States and around the world. If all of this piques your interest, we would love to hear from you!
Terabase offers a range of measurement and control solutions that enables accurate data acquisition and effective management of utility scale solar power plants. We are seeking a Project Manager – Operational Technology (PM-OT) to join our team and serve as the point of contact for our strategic customers. The PM-OT is responsible for the successful delivery, adoption, and value realization for the products and services our customers have purchased.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and is proactive, organized, and reliable at all levels, always delivering on their promises and meeting deadlines being a part of their DNA. This role requires an individual with the ability to build trust, strong planning skills, sound technical orientation, and strategic execution ability.
This position is nominally based in Berkeley, California but the right candidate may be able to work remotely from other locations. The PM-OT reports directly to the OT Program Manager.
- You will serve as the point of contact for assigned customers and projects.
- You will establish regular communication channel with customer’s key personnel and internal project stakeholders.
- You will define schedule and execution strategy, creating long- and short-term plans, including setting targets for milestones and adhering to deadlines to meet contract requirements.
- You will be collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to design, engineer, specify, procure, integrate, calibrate, test, deliver, commission, and implement complete solutions as defined by the contract with an understanding of the customer’s requirements and interests.
- You will manage the project budget and prepare regular reports with key financial metrics.
- You will identify critical actions necessary for successful implementation and ensure they are accomplished ahead of dependent tasks.
- You will develop and enhance internal project management processes and methodologies.
- This role involves a high level of independent judgment, initiative, creativity, and the management of multiple estimates that focus specifically on identifying accurate cost estimates, quality management as well as proposed cost reductions.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline
- 3+ years in relevant role
- Solar project engineering, procurement, or management experience
- Comfortable providing technical presentations to peers, customers, and leadership regarding the details of technical issues.
- Demonstrated effectiveness working with remote teams and clients.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Experience managing complex projects delivering against deadlines.
- Willingness to travel to project sites for customer meetings (when travel is possible and safe)
- PM Certified
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Experience working with SCADA systems, grid controllers, and weather measurement stations.
- Knowledge of industrial communication protocols such as Modbus, SNMP, OPC, DDE, TCP/IP
- Familiar with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence and SharePoint
- Experience with AutoCAD
What we offer
- Remote flexibility
- Flexible time off
- Generous health benefits
- Home office set up
- Career progression
- ….and more!