The Director of Information Technology is responsible for the overall IT strategy for Equal Justice Works. The IT Director will organize and manage the activities and the staff involved in the design, development, and operation of EJW’s technology environment, including network infrastructure, software applications, web, and ensures that staff has the technology tools to perform their responsibilities.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement EJW’s information technology strategic plan and budget.
- Responsible for overall design, implementation, and maintenance of a secure, reliable network infrastructure.
- Determine and enforce technology standards related to hardware, desktop configuration and management, and user productivity tools.
- Design an enterprise application integration strategy for integrating core business applications as needed.
- Oversight responsibilities for implementing new technologies or upgrades to existing systems.
- Review departmental requests for technology and make recommendations, as appropriate.
- Evaluate technology and make recommendations to ensure compatibility and effectiveness.
- Coordinate work and manage IT vendor relationships.
- Develop and communicate processes and policies for the development and maintenance of the EJW information systems.
- Participate in long-range and strategic planning with senior management.
- Oversee the IT help desk function to provide quality and timely support to staff for all hardware and software requirements.
- Ensure the continual functioning of mission-critical operations and quality standards in all IT areas.
- Maintaining and testing disaster recovery plans.
- Provide day-to-day supervision, conduct performance appraisals, and delegate work assignments for the IT team.