Gotham Greens is looking for a Director of Growing to support regional Head Growers across a number of greenhouse locations. As Gotham Greens continues to expand, the Director of Growing will develop and communicate best practices across different greenhouse locations to ensure that we are getting the best out of our people. The Director of Growing will work with local growing teams on all aspects of crop production to maintain high standards of yield and quality. The Director of Growing will also play a key role in the recruiting and development of existing team members to build a strong pipeline of growers for future growth. The primary location for this role is flexible, the role will involve regular travel to a number of other greenhouse locations across the country.
What You'll Do
- Lead and directly manage the growing staff across a number of greenhouse locations
- Provide day-to-day operational leadership and support to growing staff in climate management, plant nutrition, plant irrigation, crop scheduling, and integrated pest management
- Develop and implement strategies for yield and quality optimization
- Collaborate with the R&D team to develop new varieties and techniques for growing
- Develop robust reporting structures for growing data
- Build and foster a culture of inclusion, excellence, and learning across all growing team members
Who You Are
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with hydroponics in a commercial greenhouse setting
- Experience in lettuce and herbs strongly preferred
- Experience managing and leading remote teams
- Proficient in Priva and other greenhouse control systems
- Strong IPM background and experience with pests/diseases relevant to lettuces and herbs
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent verbal, written and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Solution-oriented problem-solver
- Excellent emotional intelligence
- Passion for data-driven growing
- Commitment to the Company’s core mission and values
Who We Are:
Gotham Greens is on a mission to transform how and where fresh produce is grown. We are a pioneer in urban indoor agriculture and a leading fresh produce and food company. Through our national network of local high-tech farms, Gotham Greens delivers fresh, long-lasting, and delicious leafy greens, herbs, salad dressings and pesto dip all year round to retail, restaurant, and foodservice customers.
Today, Gotham Greens has 9 locations with 600,000+ sq. ft. of hydroponic greenhouses across six U.S. states and over 350 team members. Since its launch in 2011, Gotham Greens has grown from a single urban rooftop greenhouse in Brooklyn, N.Y., to a multi-state greenhouse operator and one of the largest hydroponic leafy green producers in North America.
Gotham Greens recently raised $87 million in new equity and debt capital, bringing our total financing to $130 million and fueling our company's next phase of growth.