Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform monthly closing activities relating to inventories, cost of sales and departmental expenses
- Ensure accuracy of cost and financial data
- Profit margin analysis
- Labor and spending variance analysis
- Purchase Price variance analysis
- Balance sheet account reconciliations
- Inventory reconciliations and roll forward
- Product cost analysis
- Assist in financial forecasts and budgets
- Weekly and monthly management reporting
- Inventory/Warranty reserve analysis
- Intercompany transactions and analysis
- Develop and track key metrics for operations
Competencies (check all that apply)
☒ Analytical Decision-Making
☒ Learning & Development
☒ Planning & Organizing
☒ Professionalism & Integrity
☐ Financial Management
☒ Risk-Taking/Creative Thinking
☒ Teamwork & Relationship-Building
☒ Results Orientation
☐ EEO Accountability
☐ Managing Others
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum BS Degree in Accounting
- Minimum three to five years accounting in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in integrated ERP Systems (Microsoft Dynamics preferred)
- Excellent Excel skills to perform detail spreadsheet analysis
- Excellent Communication Skills (both written and verbal)
Minimum, if any, travel required
Must be able to work normal business hours, with some overtime.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Must have the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Must have the ability to define and model financial scenarios for presentation to financial management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have a strong attention to detail, strong interpersonal skills, and be well organized and self-motivated
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently walk and sit; use hands and fingers, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or listen.
The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet, except in the manufacturing environment where PPE may be required.