ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT JOB DESCRIPTION
Position Title: Administrative Assistant (Title can be modified depending on experience)
Organization: Kai Ming, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides free full-day full-year, and full-day part-year Head Start and Early Head Start services to eligible children ages 0-5 years old in San Francisco, CA with funding from Head Start, the California Department of Education, First 5 San Francisco and San Francisco Office of Early Care & Education.
Job Type: Full-time, Exempt.
Report to: Executive Assistant
Job: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the overall coordination of management tasks that relate to the administration and management of Kai Ming Head Start. This person will support the Executive Assistant primarily and will provide assistance in purchasing, data entry, record-keeping, report preparations, tracking, and vendor partnership. The Administrative Assistant must be a professional, highly motivated individual with exceptional writing, communication, and organizational skills; must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment. Strong computer (Microsoft Office) and time-management skills are required. This position requires exposure to sensitive information requiring considerable use of discretion, tact, diplomacy, and judgment.
- Assists with administrative support functions based on agency operation needs.
- Helps the Executive Assistant prioritize workload and tracks his/her commitments and priorities.
- Collaborates closely with the admin team and other departments and provides support in planning, scheduling, coordinating, and implementation of Head Start services.
- Works with management to develop and oversee timelines to deliver completed projects on time and on budget.
- Drafts letters, contracts, and forms and generates various reports per instructions from the Executive Assistant.
- Answers and directs phone calls to appropriate staff and takes accurate phone messages.
- Dates incoming mail daily and directs them to appropriate staff members or centers.
- Assists with the coordination and distribution of program and office supplies to centers.
- Assists with scheduling and preparing for internal and external meetings.
- Coordinates, plans, and executes small projects from start to end.
- Takes initiative and has a proactive approach to complete day to day tasks.
- Assists with the Policy Council & Board meeting in scheduling, planning, packet preparation, takes meeting minutes, follows-up, etc.
- Ensures clear and efficient logistical communication between the Executive Assistant, Executive Director, and Kai Ming’s staff and stakeholders.
- Makes travel arrangements and provides logistical details for the Leadership Team’s out-of-office and meeting appointments.
- Maintains the Leadership and Management Team’s action items, meeting notes, team files, and action items.
- Assesses the needs of the office, administrative, and management staff, determines work priorities in consultation with Executive Assistant and Office Manager.
- Leads on new project implementation including scheduling demos, comparing vendors and making recommendations.
- Presents a positive, professional, and welcoming attitude to staff, clients, volunteers, and community service partners.
- Work collaboratively with the IT and Data teams for system improvement projects and makes recommendations to improve company infrastructure.
- Provides training on the use of technology over the phone or in person. Provides user-centered support to staff with various computer skill levels.
- Supports all other service areas within the organization based on program needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- a BA degree in Communications, Business Administration, Public Administration, Early Childhood Education, or a related field is preferred.
- 3-4 years of experience in various administrative roles, preferably in a nonprofit.
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation, and communication skills
- Positive attitude, detail, and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Zoom
- Must exhibit strong English reading and writing skills
- Adheres to the Kai Ming Code of Conduct and all other internal policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the health, safety, and supervision of all children and families.
- TB Clearance every 2 years
- Physical exam every 2 years
- Valid immunization records (MMR, Tdap, Flu shot)
- Criminal Background Clearance (FBI, DOJ and Child Abuse Index)
- Sex Offender Registry Check Clearance
- Must adhere to the “Confidentiality Agreements”
- Adherence to the Child Abuse Reporting Mandate
- Adhere to the Kai Ming Code of Conduct and all other internal policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the health, safety and supervision of all children and families.
- COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination record
Equal Opportunity: Kai Ming provides equal employment opportunities for staff and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military status or disability in accordance with local, state and federal guidelines. We strongly encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workforce.