The Catering & Event Logistics Specialistwill assist the Executive Chef and the Event Operations team with catering functions and logistical details related to the successful planning, preparation for and execution of daily programs, events, conferences and meetings for Answers in Genesis, primarily at the Ark Encounter, and secondarily at the Creation Museum and the Answers in Genesis Headquarters building. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about serving others. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development while having fun along the way.
This position will allow one to impact others through a service mindset centered on making an eternal difference. This position should display our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) when interfacing with both internal and external customers to ensure that the message and mission of Answers in Genesis is portrayed in an effective and God-honoring fashion. This position provides opportunities for spiritual, personal, and professional development.
- Promote the mission and standards of Answers in Genesis.
- Demonstrate our Core Values of SERVE (Serve, Equip, Relate, Value, Engage) in all work.
- Approach all tasks with a second-mile mindset.
- Prioritize personal integrity in all interactions and assignments.
- Deliver exceptional guest service & hospitality to all event guests, day guests, VIP’s and staff of Answers in Genesis, the Ark Encounter and Creation Museum.
- Prepare, store and serve foods quickly and safely based on NKY Health Dept Standards and the National ServeSafe Program, and in accordance with approved menus and recipes.
- Set up catering spaces and serving stations with linens, food, beverages, signage and supplies needed for programs, events and meetings.
- Serve, rotate and replenish buffet items, appetizer/dessert tables and beverage stations.
- Give utmost attention to food presentation while ensuring the safe and hygienic operation of the cooking and food & beverage serving areas, serving utensils and equipment.
- Clean and sanitize work areas following each event leaving kitchen equipment in clean working order.
- Clean and reset tables, chairs and floors throughout event dining areas.
- Assist the Executive Chef in developing menus and Banquet Event orders for potential and upcoming events and meetings.
- Assist with room set-ups and restores for events, programs and meetings at the Ark Encounter, Creation Museum and AiG Headquarters.
- Create a safe and inviting environment for guests by ensuring that all event & meeting spaces are clear of debris and hazards and that all required safety standards are maintained.
- Ensure that the Answers Center Green Room is clean, presentable and accommodating to all speakers, artists and VIP guests. Maintain and service an appropriate level of refreshments in Green Room spaces.
- Assist with Back-of-House responsibilities for events, including load-in and load-out activities. Escort speakers, artists, VIP’s, event planners and exhibitors upon arrival and facilitate unloading/loading, parking and distribution of assigned credentials.
- Assist with Front-of-House responsibilities for events, programs and meetings, ensuring that all guests are provided with excellent hospitality and wayfinding assistance in all event program and meeting spaces.
- And all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.