At Bardavon, we treat our people right.
We hire exceptional people who are exceptional at their jobs. We are dreamers. We are driven, idealistic, committed, and optimistic. As a company, we are irreverent about the status quo and confident in our ability to change the Workers Compensation industry and healthcare in America.
What You'll Do:
The Bardavon/PeerWell engineering team is seeking mid-senior level, industry experienced, accomplished frontend web-app engineer, who also has substantial experiences in backend engineering. You would be creative around design and UX, collaborative, and detail oriented. You care about visual design, but you also can handle backend APIs, services, and infrastructure concerns. You will be joining our core team building and innovating our systems and apps, supporting machine learning, and taking an active role in our software-defined infrastructure. Your work will be used directly by patients and health staff, as well as, our internal teams. Your first focus will be on frontend work supporting our patient web-application, our careteam-facing Dashboard, and our internal authoring tools. You will be the resident ReactJS expert enhancing and improving our suite of external and internal apps. As a member of the core team, they will expect that you will contribute to our non-frontend needs as well: backend code and infrastructure.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Utilizing technical expertise; creates system requirements, performs design and analysis, and coding and unit testing of complex to highly complex system functionality and/or defect correction across multiple platforms.
- Resolves complex technical design issues.
- Provides functional and/or technical guidance in evaluating applications systems or evaluating requests for proposals.
- Coordinates changes and influences and prioritizes tasks with business or technical departments.
- Analyzes and influences technical, system, and/or user requirements.
- Identifies and creates solutions to improve system performance and availability.
- Facilitates root cause analysis of system issues to minimize impact and future occurrences.
- Creates system documentation/play book(s) and serves as a lead technical reviewer and contributor in requirements, design and code reviews.
- Analyzes and designs specifications for less experienced engineers.
- Acts as a technical resource throughout the development life cycle.
- May also actively contribute to the technical and soft skills development of team members.
- Assists team leads and management with delegation of work to cross functional and third party team members for execution through the full development life cycle.
- Keeps management appropriately informed of progress and issues.
- Coordinates system application transition from development teams to maintenance and production teams.
- Constructs and implements necessary controls to assure system/application traceability.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Have at least 7+ years of substantial industry experience shipping real products where you spent at least 3 years:
- Building and releasing to production substantial web applications written in React.
- Bonus: Experience with one or more of: Cordova, React Native, high-performing browser games.
- You are able to communicate in English very well.
- With deployment responsibility.
- Enthusiastically engaged in Agile / Scrum software development processes, reviewing PRs, etc. Bonus: served as Scrum Master.
- Using TDD or BDD test & quality practices
- Bonus: Have authored CI/CD pipelines (e.g. Jenkins pipeline)
- Bonus: Have authored IaC systems using: Kubernetes, Helm charts, Terraform, and a wide variety of AWS systems.
- Bonus: Worked on data pipelines for machine learning.
- Our Human Resources team will review your resume and respond.
- If there is a match, we will give you a call.
- If there is not a match, we promise to let you know and will stay in touch for future roles.
We do Workers Comp differently.
Bardavon Health Innovations is a proactive Workers Compensation partner that connects all stakeholders to better manage claims and offer work readiness solutions through rehabilitation therapy. We share a holistic analysis of the claim so Americas injured workers can achieve optimized outcomes and return to full-duty employment.
Bardavon offers a complete benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance; 401(k) with company match; and generous paid time off.
*Colorado residents need not apply