LifeCenter Northwest (LCNW) located in Bellevue, Washington, has a rare opportunity for a seasoned clinical leader to serve as its next Vice President of Clinical Operations (VPCO) leading both organ and tissue donation operations. The ideal candidate will bring deep experience in healthcare, with a demonstrated track record of leading a significant portfolio of responsibilities within a complex, tightly regulated environment while generating year-over-year positive growth. Candidate must have a keen focus on the operational processes that support donation and transplantation, develop and execute plans to continuously improve performance, exercise strong business acumen in identifying priority areas of focus, progressively improve the management and leadership capabilities in the organization, and lead a passionate and committed staff dedicated to our mission. The VPCO must demonstrate experience supporting the development and growth of an experienced leadership team comprised of clinicians and non-clinical employees.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a mission-driven leader to join LCNW as we work together to save lives through organ and tissue donation. The VPCO will ensure continued focus on honoring the gifts made by donors and donor families and increase the availability of organs for patients awaiting a life-saving transplant. To do so, the leader must demonstrate capabilities to work collaboratively with donor hospitals to increase appropriate referrals and honor donor choices and with transplant programs, to support offer acceptance or facilitate transplantation for recipients on the waiting list. The VPCO will communicate compelling long-term strategic goals that engage and motivate the entire organization, its hospital partners, affiliates, and other stakeholders.
LCNW is committed to helping as many donor families and transplant candidates as possible, by continually increasing the number of organ donors, organs transplanted, and tissue donors in its service area, in the most cost-effective and the highest-quality manner possible. With this purpose in mind, the next VPCO, in concert with the Executive Leadership Team, will chart the course of the organization and develop future short- and long-range strategic plans. Working closely with the extended senior leadership team, this leader provides broad executive management necessary to achieve organizational goals and top-tier industry performance.
As the non-profit organ procurement organization serving Alaska, Montana, North Idaho, and Washington, LCNW works collaboratively with more than 200 donor hospitals and multiple transplant programs to save lives through organ and tissue donation. This is a rare opportunity to join a successful organ procurement organization with a strong national reputation, driven by an extraordinary mission and a dedicated, collaborative workforce. LCNW is recognized by its various partners and collaborators as a leader in innovation and performance excellence.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Master’s Degree or other advanced degree in a relevant discipline is preferred.
- Additional coursework and training in communication, leadership, and people management are preferred.
- At least seven years of experience managing and leading clinical operations with progressive responsibilities
- Management experience at a senior level required
- Leadership role at an organ procurement organization with demonstrated multi-year, high-performance results in both tissue and organ operations preferred (organ procurement organization experience not required)
- Demonstrated history of creating and leading high-performing teams and achieving results
- Experience with strategic planning, budget development, and implementation of operating plans
- Ability to analyze and use data to drive decision-making and action planning
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and booster, or applicable medical or religious exemption will be required as a condition of employment upon offer. For those that need to complete the vaccination series, start dates will be adjusted.