Picture yourself at an amazing organization committed to inspiring a lasting love and appreciation for dance through artistic excellence, exhilarating performances, innovative choreography, and superb educational programs. At Houston Ballet, you’ll be surrounded by creative teams who challenge you, support you, inspire you, and celebrate artistic achievement.
The Production Operations Manager manages all Houston Ballet rentals, assists the Head of Production with office management, provides contractual information to associated union representatives, manages shipping logistics, tracks and maintains the department budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities in Production:
Include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain production accounts payable and payroll processing
- Review and track all incoming production invoices
- Work closely with Head of Production to manage incoming season rentals as well as outgoing Houston Ballet rentals including drafting of contracts and invoicing. (see more below)
- Arrange and manage all local and international shipping/customs paperwork for tours
- Assist the Head of Production in creating and compiling season budget
- Monitor and report production spending using QuickBooks
- Filter production requests to the proper persons and follow up on job completion
- Assist with monthly reconciliation of department credit card spending
- Work with Head of Production on Houston Ballet crew contracts as well as touring contracts for traveling crew heads
- Work closely with Technical Director to arrange and manage all local and international shipping/customs paperwork for tours
- Maintain relationships with IATSE Local #51, IATSE Local #896, IATSE National Benefits, United Scenic Artists, and Wortham Center Operating Company
- Generate spending/budgeting reports for Development throughout the season
- Work with finance on benefit reports and account reconciliations
- Manage additional Production related side projects
- Assist in organization-wide archival projects
- Knowledge of implementing and creating budgets
- Familiarity with financial software preferably QuickBooks
- Knowledge of Dance/Theatre
- Valid Drivers License
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills
- Great communicator and an active listener
- Ability to work as a team member & collaborate with others who may have skillsets or experience below or above your own
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation.
- Improperly illuminated or awkward and confining workspace
- Regular Monday Friday, occasional weekends
- Moderate overnight travel (up to 15%) by land and/or air while on tour.
Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Access & EEO Statement:
Houston Ballet is dedicated to creating meaningful change by cultivating a space that honors what is unique in all of us. Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Access (IDEA) are instrumental in the fulfillment of our mission and values. We recognize our responsibility to be an inclusive and open organization for students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds. Join us, together we are Houston Ballet.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Houston Ballet’s shared values are essential to our success as a world-class ballet company and academy. These values guide our decisions and behaviors and shape our culture.
- EXCELLENCE: We are passionate about results. Our programs are recognized and awarded for excellence. We are committed to delivering quality programs at the highest standard. Work in all departments matches the caliber of the programming on stage.
- ENGAGED: We are proud to be a part of a company that produces art and trains artists. We attend performances and are tremendous advocates for the education and community engagement programs we offer. We are “all in” and well-versed in the mission of Houston Ballet.
- DRIVEN: We are driven to take goals and run with them. We are excited to deliver results beyond expectations. We are accountable for our actions and work. We reinvent Standard Operations Procedures, leaving our jobs better than we found them. Much of our work product becomes the standard for individuals who will fill our roles in the years to come.
- COLLABORATIVE: We unite around Houston Ballet’s mission and support each other in reaching goals. We share information widely and generously and treat our team members, customers, and patrons with respect and sensitivity. We embrace inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. We recognize our responsibility to be an open, welcoming, and anti-racist organization where students, artists, staff, trustees, and volunteers of all backgrounds collaboratively learn, work and serve. We nurture the growth and understanding of how each of us fits into the larger picture and we celebrate organizational achievements.
- PATRON-CENTERED: Our patrons (subscribers/supporters/donors/stakeholders) are at the center of all we do and are at the top of our minds in our decisions and actions. Our patrons are delighted by the excellent customer service they receive at every interaction at Houston Ballet.