The Leasing Specialist is a key role in developing Birchstone communities and is responsible for supporting the leasing operations and financial performance of the community, through coordinating and executing all activities related to apartment rentals, move-ins, move-outs, and lease renewals. In addition to other duties, the Leasing Specialist secures lease agreements, assists with community marketing activities, and represents and upholds the Birchstone brand and company values.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Greet and interact with prospective residents and determine their needs and preferences; provide tours of units and the community; communicate the value and overall experience of living at the community.
- Provide exemplary customer service to all current, future, and previous residents. Create and develop meaningful and memorable experiences through personal relationship building.
- Qualify and screen prospective residents, process and verify rental applications, following Fair Housing guidelines.
- Secure deposits and lease agreements; communicate lease expirations and secure lease renewals.
- Communicate community policies to residents.
- Assist with move-in and move-out procedures.
- Assist in inspections of the community and apartments; help to ensure apartments are immaculate and ready for new residents.
- Assist residents with concerns, suggestions, and requests while delivering outstanding customer service; follow up on resident service requests.
- Assist with community marketing and resident events.
- Market available units, complete market surveys, and maintain an awareness of competitors, the industry and market trends.
- Maximize occupancy and resident retention; Increase community visits and interest; boost online engagement and maintain/update online advertisements.
- Research new resident amenities, activities, and programs that add value to the community and drive revenue.
- Provide suggestions for improving overall efficiencies and processes.
- Provide support and assistance in the execution of special projects and assignments including capital improvement project management and monitoring project progress.
- Participate in regular meetings with Community Manager and act as a resource to community team members.
- Assist Community Manager and Assistant Community Manager in administrative duties and completion of daily and weekly reports; answer telephone calls and respond to online inquiries
- Other duties as assigned.