Committed to bringing healthcare into communities and communities into healthcare since 1978, NEW Health is rural northeast Washington’s leading non-profit primary care provider. We treat all patients with the respect they deserve while providing high-quality, integrated medical, dental, behavioral health, and pharmacy services.
NEW Health has been named one of the best places to work in the Inland Northwest! This award from the Spokane Journal of Business is based on an analysis of our company benefits and policies, along with a confidential employee survey to evaluate workplace experience in the areas of engagement and satisfaction including: Work-Life Balance, Role Satisfaction, Communication and Workplace Culture, Training, Technology and Development, and Diversity and Inclusion.
Our workforce development program, NEW Health University, is nationally recognized for developing local career pathway training with a goal to retain rural youth. For providers, this means you will be surrounded by a well-trained support team so you can focus on treating your patients.
Loan Repayment Opportunities
NEW Health is a non-profit federally qualified health center (FQHC). NEW Health is a member of the National Health Service Corps (NHSC) scholarships and loan repayment program. We are an NHSC approved site with a Primary Care HPSA Score of 17, a Dental HPSA Score of 20, and a Mental Health HPSA Score of 20. Additionally, NEW Health licensed health professionals are eligible to apply for the Washington State Health Professional Loan Repayment Program.
Benefits with You and Your Family in Mind
- Four weeksof paid time off plusnine paid holidays
- Medical andVision insurance for you and your family is 100% paid for by NEW Health
- Health Savings Account and Flexible Spending Account options
- Free Life Flight membership for your family
- 401(k) plan with matching contribution
- Continuing Professional Education, license, and tuition reimbursement opportunities
The above list is not inclusive of all full-time employee benefits and is dependent upon eligibility criteria.
Purpose of Job:
Improve the overall health of the communities we serve by providing dental care to patients as follows:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs diagnostic, surgical, restorative and various preventative services.
- Understands and follows infection control procedures.
- Reviews medical histories at each visit.
- Consults with patient's health care provider or another clinic provider as needed.
- Diagnoses dental disease, oral pathology, and develop a written treatment plan and prioritizes treatments.
- Explains the course of treatment with patient, and solicit his/her input and agreement.
- Balances treatment plan on patient needs and desires in conjunction with patient and clinic resources.
- Ensures all prescriptions and advice regarding medications is in accordance with accepted community standards and NEWHPs protocols.
- Recommends dental equipment changes and additions.
- Participates in the development and implementation of provider productivity standards.
- Attends staff meetings and in-service training.
- Represents NEWHP at conferences, meetings, and continuing education programs.
- Act as a preceptor for dental assisting students, dental hygiene students, and dental students as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.