POSITION: Event Chef
DEPARTMENT: Food Services
REPORTING SUPERVISOR: Manager of Kitchen Catering Operations
DIRECT REPORTS: No
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Up to 50% local travel required as needed
SCHEDULE: Variable schedule to include some nights and weekends as required
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Kitchen Team delivers exceptional quality and timely service to our customers daily through organization, teamwork, empowerment, and the ability to execute a plan. The team translates the customer’s culinary vision into reality, helping create an unparalleled customer experience. Additionally, the team plays an integral part in operational efficiency through the smart use of resources, ensuring the organization’s health and ability to continue providing for our customers’ needs at an exceptional level.
ABOUT THE JOB
Under the supervision or direction of the Manger of Kitchen Catering Operations, the Event Chef is responsible for assisting in preparing ingredients and dishes for final execution by the chef as well as plating warm food and executing cold dishes for delivery to customers during events. Energy, enthusiasm, reliability, time-management, and passion for the work, the people, and the customers are key to achieving success in this role.
- Working effectively with kitchen team and complying with company procedures and food safety policies.
- Preparing workstation with required ingredients and equipment, keeping station sanitary and organized throughout shift.
- Preparing ingredients following recipes and guidelines.
- Steaming vegetables and other basic cooking responsibilities.
- Washing, peeling, slicing, trimming, chopping, and grating fruits and vegetables.
- Measuring, weighing, and mixing a wide variety of ingredients including meats.
- Ensuring ingredients are tagged, date-labeled, covered, stored and rotated effectively.
- Overseeing food levels and restocking items on time.
- Keeping utensils and equipment clean and sanitary.
- Establishing stock levels at end of shift and capturing information on standardized stock sheets.
- Performing cleaning tasks; Removing trash and clearing storage bins.
- Maintain high standards of safety and cleanliness.
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards.
- Other duties as assigned.