Clayton Youth Enrichment is currently recruiting for an After School Specialist.
Clayton Youth Enrichment is Tarrant County's largest, on-site, youth enrichment provider. The non-profit agency serves 7,000+ children and families annually through its after-school and other out-of-school time enrichment programs.
Clayton is a before and after-school youth enrichment program. We serve over 80 locations in the Fort Worth, Crowley, Keller, and Birdville ISD. If you love working with children then we have the job for you....
SUMMARY OF JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for planning and implementing program directives that meet agency and regulatory standards.
- Provide a safe and healthy environment for the children (if applicable Pre-k-1st)
- Plan and provide children with developmentally appropriate activities and experiences with a good balance between free choice and planned activities
- Complete and implement plan sheets weekly
- Establish positive interpersonal relationships among all individuals in the program
- Provide constant visual supervision of all children
- Consider each child in relation to his/her cultural and socioeconomic background, treating each child with dignity and respect
- Record daily attendance and know the number, names, and ages of children in their assigned group at all times
- Coordinate food service
- Maintain Child and Adult Care Food Program data if applicable
- Share upkeep of facilities used by the agency
- Maintain confidentiality of parents, children, and staff
- Attend staff meetings and agency training as required
- Conduct program/ child assessments as required
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Associate Degree preferred; High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Other requirements as required by regulatory agencies
- Minimum (3) months experience working with youth or related field
- Requires daily standing, sitting, bending, and stooping (sitting will be limited to about 5% of your day)
- Requires normal range of hearing and vision
- Requires the ability to lift 40 pounds
- Monday through Friday / 2:00pm to 6:30pm / NO WEEKENDS!!!