evo Purpose: To make life better by building community and igniting the adventurous spirit that lives within us all.
evo is a leading multi-channel retail brand that stands at the intersection of community, commerce, adventure sports, and the outdoor lifestyle. We offer a distinctly-curated product assortment, and highly-crafted customer experiences. At evo, we define success differently than most, balancing three goals equally: 1) Building an iconic brand and business; 2) creating an extraordinary place and path for our team; and 3) leveraging our success to drive community impact. We are a company driven by our purpose and values, with a collective passion for community, sports and lifestyle, and a drive to together build something that lasts and matters.
The evo team is comprised of hard-working, passionate individuals who believe curiosity, humility, and human connection are the foundation of progress. We are driven by a belief that we are better together, and we do our best work when we feel included, valued, supported, and united in our purpose. We share our successes and learn together when things don't go as planned.
We are in search of an eager, quick-learning, data and warehouse management system Support Engineer who can complement our small, talented team to help us support our data and reporting, and warehouse and logistics applications. We are effectively a small software development shop housed within a toy store, and this role will be involved with all systems that enable our warehouse employees to receive, handle, and ship those toys as efficiently as possible. This role also supports the data systems behind our inventory and transactional data, as well as reporting.
This job requires great communication skills, excellent critical thinking abilities, and sound judgment to assess requirements, execute smart implementation, and provide exceptional technical support to all application functions in our data warehouse systems, and at our warehouse.
What you will do
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of technical issues with our data and reporting tools, and warehouse management system, and processes.
- Build relationships with our Warehouse Operations team and data and reporting end users by spending time to learn their workflows so we can better assist them with technical issues. This will require an on-site presence at our Sumner warehouse roughly one day a week.
- Collaborate across engineering and business teams to solve high impact incidents with a sense of urgency by providing quality and accurate information.
- Proactively identify recurring technical issues to determine their root cause.
- Perform research independently by asking clarifying questions, gathering relevant data, and resolving the manner using a data-driven approach.
- Assist with user training and maintaining documentation of both data and warehouse processes
- Assist development team with small tasks & bug fixes.
- Work with third parties including software and external IT contractors.
- Be on site during critical times for the warehouse operations, especially Black Friday and Cyber Week.
- Be available during on-call hours, roughly one week a month.
- Communicate effectively. We are a nimble organization and tend to develop iteratively without over-investing in specifications. This requires excellent communication between team members and to the broader company. We are not a meeting-heavy organization, so proactive communication is a must.