Carpentry Teacher - Schenectady, NY
You will receive a $2,500 sign on bonus for anyone hired before 12/22/21
The School at Northeast is seeking a Carpentry Teacher. This position is responsible for development and implementation of woodshop classroom instructional plans for students in the Neil Hellman School, Albany and School at Northeast, Schenectady.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide instruction that follows the NYS K-12 woodshop curricula and provides students with appropriate level woodshop lessons and age experiences.
- Develop and implement woodshop instructional materials to provide individual and small group instruction to students of various ability levels grades K-12.
- Provide leadership in the school for promoting woodshop activities and experiences for students.
- Coordinate the selection, ordering and management of woodshop materials and equipment for the school working in conjunction with the school principal.
Education & Experience
- Masters/Bachelors degree in Special Education or appropriate subject area.
- NYS teacher certification.
- Experience with woodworking and equipment.
If you’ve got the talent, drive and desire to make a real difference in your community, you need to be a part of Northern Rivers Family of Services. We’re a family of human service agencies united in our passion to help the children, adults, and families of the Capital Region and beyond.
Our employees receive a generous time off and health care package, tuition reimbursement, loan repayment assistance, free training/CEU opportunities, and much more!
Apply today to become part of our team!
Northern Rivers is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
The Agency will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant.