A Venture Club Counselor is responsible for the daily care of campers by maintaining safety standards, forming positive relationships, and participating in all activities. This role is the heartbeat of Venture Club and is vital to caring for all families and campers.
1. Watch and care for all campers in every activity.
2. Form positive relationships with campers and parents.
3. Lead and/or participate in all camp activities and field trips.
4. Assist in setup/cleanup for events and activities.
5. Address behavior and/or any relational issues relating to the campers.
6. Help cultivate a healthy staff culture.
7. Assist in the spiritual formation of campers through personal interactions, daily devotions, and weekly chapels.
1. Must have an authentic and growing relationship with Christ.
2. Model Christ-like behavior in and out of the workplace.
3. Have at least completed 10th grade.
4. Must have a heart for kids and for discipling the next generation.
5. Physical Requirements:
- a. Ability to continuously stand, sit, walk and/or run.
- b. Ability to bend, climb stairs, and/or lift occasionally.
- c. Ability to lift 5 to 30 pounds occasionally.
- d. May occasionally work outside in hot weather.
6. Ability to work well with other team members through humility, honesty, and hardwork.
7. Willingness to do whatever it takes to fulfill the Mission of God with the glory of God as the primary motivation for ministry