- Experienced with operating material handling equipment.
- Demonstrate effective use of math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, & division.
- Clear and effective verbal communications skills.
- Follows instructions & completes work assignments on time.
- Makes sound decisions and demonstrates thoughtfulness in the work performed.
- Punctual and meet assigned time deadlines.
- Ability to handle fluctuating work-load & work schedules.
- Must cooperate with co-workers and leaders.
- Willing to learn new tasks.
- Maintains neat, clean, and organized work area including sanitation standards.
- Accurately read, understand, apply, and record information on labels, products, receipts, picking tickets, cycle count forms, and bills of ladings.
- Diligently follows process steps in all work performed utilizing Inland Star and customer SOP process steps.
- Employee must be able to read small print to distinguish product and lot numbers, see areas where product is stored, and distinguish motorized equipment operating in the vicinity. Distinguish product labels and placards that are color coded. Use peripheral vision to scan racked area and use depth perception to accomplish bulk storage and retrieval.
Education, Skills & Experience
- 12th grade (High-School) or GED required
- 2 -3 years in a warehouse setting preferred.
- Stand-up and/or sit-down Forklift Operator experience required.
- Ability to operate Order Pickers, Single, double and four-barrel clamps, slipper attachments carton and paper clamps preferred.
- CPR and First Aid training/certified preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands or arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must have specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee must regularly lift up to 50 pounds; occasionally be required to lift over 50 lbs., with the assistance of another individual.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job in a warehouse setting. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to extreme cold and extreme heat temperatures.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Join our Do It Right ® team and start your ownership journey!
For more than thirty years, Inland Star Distribution Centers, Inc., based in Fresno, CA, has been providing quality supply chain solutions for packaged goods manufacturers. We are a third-party logistics (3PL) provider specializing in warehousing, transportation, and value-added solutions – all tailored to exceed client requirements and objectives. Inland Star designs, implements and manages tailored solutions that shore up evolving client demands by focusing our methodologies to improve performance, reduce costs, and optimize return on capital. We deliver seamless supply chain performance for our clients by building strong partnerships, through vigilant stewardship of client interests, and by nurturing a culture of ownership within our organization.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM
We are an employee-owned company (ESOP), who offers ownership to our workers. We believe that you should enjoy your work. We offer health insurance currently starting at $57 per month for an employee only, $171 for an entire family. We also offer generous Paid Time Off (PTO), sick leave, as well as competitive wages.
If you want to work with an amazing team that works together and a company that is growing in our industry, join us and learn what it's like to work for a company where you are an owner.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
As Inland Star Distribution Centers continues to expand, it is important to our company's strategy and overall performance that we maintain a diverse workforce. This diversity stems from the many different viewpoints and wide skill sets held by our employees. We are committed to continuing to build and celebrate an inclusive environment in which all employees are appreciated and respected, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.