- Innovative and grounded. You love trying new things and devising creative solutions to persistent problems. Most importantly, you know how to make it happen.
- Discreet and respect confidentiality.
- Goal driven. You can set and work to achieve goals in a timely manner.
- Organized. You are able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment and bring a high level of attention to detail to your work.
- Passionate about the work. You are motivated by the mission of the Bender JCC and you have a deep connection and desire for this work to exist in the world.
- Savvy and Intuitive. You are adept at communicating ideas to a range of stakeholders and you know that different settings often require different methods and tools.
- You believe that diversity is a strength. You account for the value of diversity in every aspect of your work and you understand the nuances of diversity that shape the experiences of students and families.
You should have:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office, Salesforce.
- Knowledge of funding communities including Jewish, secular, foundations.
- Ability to work in a team environment of various stakeholders (professional and lay combined).
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to attend and support fundraising events and to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Ability to perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum bachelors degree with 3-5 years experience in non-profit organization and/or fundraising experience. Prior special events experience preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
This is a full-time exempt position, with an annual salary between $70,000 - $75,000, commensurate with experience. The Bender JCC provides a benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision benefits, and a flexible working environment. You’ll also receive a full family membership to the Bender JCC, including complete access to the entire fitness facility and pools, plus staff discounts on programs and services.
Research shows that women and underrepresented groups apply to jobs only if they feel that they meet 100% of the qualifications. If this role sounds interesting to you, we encourage you to apply! The Bender JCC is committed to building a diverse team that draws on the strengths of people with a variety of identities, backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Please submit a resume and cover letter with your application.