As one of the region’s largest privately-owned real estate developers, Peterson Companies has been consistently delivering some of the area’s most exciting destinations for more than 50 years. With a portfolio that includes National Harbor, Downtown Silver Spring, Fair Lakes, and Fairfax Corner, we continually strive to enhance the local community. We develop vibrant properties, and entire neighborhoods, that bring people together.
Who You Are
You enjoy working for a company that has an active culture with excellent perks that foster work life balance. You are passionate about delivering world class customer service and fostering an environment of respect and inclusivity. You enjoy engaging with a team to deliver results and meet deadlines, but are also capable of independent work product delivery. You approach challenges with a positive attitude and tactful communication.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience in architecture, construction, or engineering is required
- Minimum of 4 years of project management experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Ability to negotiate and communicate to all levels internally and externally
- Ability to develop and manage budgets and control expenses
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings
- Ability to analyze, abstract, and administer lease requirements
- Strong knowledge of the site and building construction
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Outlook, Adobe, and Bluebeam.
- Manage and track the overall tenant design/construction progress from initial prospect to tenant opening.
- Maintain communication with key internal groups such as Leasing, Legal, Development, Asset Management, Property Management, and Bond Administration to ensure tenant issues are resolved, and tenant projects are built within project timelines
- Review and help negotiate tenant work letters, prepare budgets, and create schedules supporting the Leasing and Legal teams' work negotiating Letters of Intent and leases.
- Review and approve Tenant plan submission documents
- Provide tenant coordination leadership for major projects
- Review conceptual and final signage documents to ensure tenant compliance with the project's comprehensive signage package
- Coordinate construction activities for landlord work, including the development of plans, permitting, RFPs, bid reviews, and preparation of purchase agreements/contracts to ensure an on-time or early turnover to the tenant.
- Manages the budget by keeping project costs within budget parameters and reporting on actual and projected budget variances.
- Assures adherence to schedule, quality standards, and tenant requirements by monitoring project progress, performing site visits, coordinating activities, and resolving project issues.
- Accurately reports and maintains the internal tracking system for all assignments.
Peterson Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, genetic information, marital status, or any other basis protected by law.