The Fleet Science Centers Senior Accountant supports the Fleet Mission and Visitor Experience Philosophy by performing day-to-day accounting functions with a focus on preliminary financial and budget preparation, account reconciliations, fixed asset management, and audit preparation. They also act as a backup to the Controller and all other accounting positions when needed.
Reports to: Controller
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, including mental requirements of position:
1) Prepare assigned monthly journal entries.
2) Prepare monthly grant entries.
3) Prepare the monthly grant tracking sheet.
4) Maintain and reconcile general ledger schedules on a monthly basis.
5) Reconcile with each revenue generating department on a monthly basis.
6) Reconcile all bank accounts monthly.
7) Prepares monthly depreciation entries, any new fixed asset entries, annual disposal entries, and overall manages the fixed asset system.
8) Prepares monthly inventory entries.
9) Prepares the monthly preliminary department financial reports.
10) Participates in the budget process.
11) Import daily from Galaxy POS and adjust where needed.
12) Import Payroll 2x a month.
13) Assist with year-end audit and tax schedules.
14) Serves as backup to all positions when needed.
15) Respond to management requests for ad-hoc reports and accounting activity as needed.
16) Responsible to be knowledgeable of safety and emergency plan manual procedures.
17) Assist the Controller in other duties or projects as assigned.
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY THE PERSON ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. PRINCIPAL DUTIES ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THOSE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB. AN INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL OF THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES OUTLINED ABOVE.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE ABOVE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. AN EMPLOYEE HOLDING THIS POSITION WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ANY OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES AS REQUESTED BY MANAGEMENT. ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH A DISABILITY.
Tools and equipment used to perform this position: computer, Microsoft Office Suite, Accounting Software e.g. Abila MIP, telephone, copy machine, fax, office supplies, typewriter.