At JSL you are part of a warm and inviting community that provides support services and quality living to older adults. Our residents enjoy a full range of social/cultural programs and activities while residing in our assisted living communities.
The right candidate for this position is someone who truly enjoys the company of older adults and who will be dedicated to ensuring their wellness and safety. This position requires exemplary character and integrity be exhibited while carrying out the duties of this position.
The Med Passer administers medication following set guidelines and assist in providing direct personal care for residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments as defined by state regulations in accordance with company policy and procedure.
- Verifies identity of resident receiving medication and records name of drug, dosage, and time of administration on resident’s chart.
- Presents medication to resident and observes ingestion or other application, or administers medication.
- Takes vital signs or observes resident to detect response to specified types of medications and prepares report or notifies designated personnel of unexpected reactions.
- Reports to charge nurse and documents reasons prescribed drugs are not administered.
- Receives supply of ordered medications for administration to resident.
- Records and restocks medication inventories.
- Counts narcotics at the beginning and end of shift and records on appropriate forms. Notifies DON immediately of any discrepancies.
- Gives and/or assist in direct resident care such as bathing, dressing, and feeding residents, and assisting in examinations and treatments as applicable.
- Assist during meal times as applicable.
- Responds to call lights in a timely manner.
- Monitors for effectiveness of PRN medications and reports and documents outcomes to Nurse or DON.
- Reports to Nurse or DON incidents/accidents, and alleged abuse incidences.
- Understands and adheres to the guidelines of “Residents Rights”.
- Attends periodic in-services and staff meetings.