Title: Project Manager
Are you looking to begin a rewarding and exciting career? Lerch Bates is seeking a full-time Project Manager for the state of Florida. This role is designed with future growth and development in mind. Through daily workflow and field experience, you will become an integral part of the problem-solving process for our clients and industry partners. This is an excellent opportunity to learn a lucrative industry from the ground up and kick-start your career path!
Lerch Bates is the global multidisciplinary technical consultancy saving time and money for those designing, modernizing, investigating, or managing buildings. From risk to ROI, schedule to sustainability, Lerch Bates’ suite of services helps you plan the future of your building at every phase of the building lifecycle. As your partner in finding the best technical outcomes for your project, we ensure functionality, safety, and value work together.
We simplify the path to the best technical expertise for the built environment anywhere in the world. Lerch Bates offers integrated specialties, including vertical transportation, logistics, enclosures & structures, forensics, and multidisciplinary building lifecycle services that optimize performance from design, construction, and management to forensic investigation, repair, and modernization.
What You’ll Do:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed in this position. They are not intended to prescribe or restrict the assignments that management may make.
- Assist a team of consulting professionals in completing projects
- Communicate with staff and clients, make decisions, and monitor the project’s progress to keep it on schedule.
- Manage long- and short-term deadlines, including setting targets for milestones
- Provide deliverables to clients and be a point of contact between our consultants, clients, contractors, vendors, and internal project analysts
- Manage elevator consulting team projects utilizing various tools: Excel, Outlook, Cloud (SharePoint), and Deltek Database
- Utilize interpersonal skills to collaborate with different team members from many other departments
- Serve as a point of contact for projects and/or consultants
- Participate in client progress calls and bid meetings
- Ensure projects are reaching expected standards by performing quality control assessments throughout the project duration
- Adjust schedules and targets on the project as needs change
- Complete client-facing travel 10% to 25% of the time throughout the state of Florida.
- Learn to make the most effective decisions when presented with multiple options for how to progress with projects
- Delegate tasks on the project internally and learn to work within the client’s confines of the scope of work
- Develop aptitude, drive, timeliness, and quality of work
- Accumulate technical knowledge in the industries that we service and provide Technical Writing support
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred areas of study: Mechanical Engineering, Construction Management
- Organizational skills
- Time management skills
- Basic understanding of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Self-driven/self-management skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly and understand mechanical concepts
- Knowledge/experience in the construction/existing building trade
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu
- Precious Employment history (Internships or co-ops included)
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a service-minded professional that takes personal accountability and initiative in getting the job done
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to defuse situations and resolve problems
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Fundamental knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Intermediate to advance knowledge preferred in WORD and Excel.
Why work with Lerch Bates:
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Employee Stock Ownership program!
- Generous PTO
- Incentive compensation bonus
- 401(k) with up to 6% employer match!
- FSA and HSA
- Charitable paid time off
- Birthday Bonus
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Learning and Development
- An entire internal department dedicated to your learning and career development!
- Exceptional company culture
- Employee resource groups
- Team building and networking activities
- And more!
Be more than just an employee…
Lerch Bates is 100% employee-owned! Our employee-owners bring a distinct “we own what we do” brand of technical consulting to every project and partnership. When you work with us, you join a company with an ownership mindset. Expect responsibility, service, and performance in everything we do. So, what does that mean for you? After a certain service time, you are eligible for stock ownership, which essentially works as a wealth accumulation and/or retirement account!
CORE Values: Ownership . Community . Integrity . Respect . Optimism .
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.