The Zoological Society of Milwaukee (the Society) is seeking part-time Membership Services Assistants to join our team. This position interfaces with the public and our members both over the phone and in-person, answering zoo-goer questions and selling a variety of items including our annual Zoo Pass memberships. This position is responsible for assisting zoo customers/members with any inquiries while ensuring the highest standards of customer service are met.
The Zoological Society of Milwaukee believes diversity, equity, access, and inclusion (DEAI) are the hallmarks of a robust, vibrant community and have adopted DEAI as foundational to our organizations’ priorities and values. A successful candidate will embrace these values and incorporate a similar commitment within their scope of work to foster an inclusive culture that celebrates diversity, which is demonstrated through actions and words.
Individuals from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized, and/or underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Employ strong customer service and interpersonal skills to communicate with customers.
- Develop a good understanding of the Tessitura database system in order to process transactions in person and via the phone. Those transactions include memberships, animal sponsorships, donations, annual appeal, ornaments/plush and event ticket sales.
- Transfer calls to various departments.
- Support Education staff during class/camp sales.
- Professionally represent the Society and Zoo on Zoo grounds and when communicating with the public.
- File guest comments (positive & negative) in electronic Smartsheet shared with the Zoo staff.
- Assist with sending out Zoo Pass cards and preparing materials for mailing.
- Process the daily mail: incoming and outgoing.
- Handle walk-up inquiries/business at Guest Services and Membership windows.
- Balance cash drawer in morning and at end of shift.
- Stay up to date on daily activities happening at the Zoo.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting.
- Demonstration of excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- A positive attitude and flexibility in an ever-changing environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel is required, as well as a willingness to learn other software programs.
- Cash handling and customer service experience is required.
- Ability to work rotating weekends, evening special events, and holidays.
- Must have reliable transportation to the Milwaukee County Zoo.
*For the foreseeable future, all newly hired Zoological Society of Milwaukee employees are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19, unless they have been granted either a medical or religious-based exemption by the Human Resources department.