The Veterans Help Group has been advocating for veterans for over 15 years and helped over 7000 veterans. Advocates at VHG help veterans and their families receive the veterans’ disability benefits and other benefits they deserve. Our mission is to provide excellent customer service to disabled veterans.
We are seeking a Veterans Benefit Case Manager to provide a friendly and compassionate point of contact to individuals and families seeking help with a disability claim filed through the Veterans Administration.
The Case Manager is in charge of implementing the Senior Advocate’s strategy for each case and being the primary point of contact with the client. The Veterans Benefit Case Manager will review and respond to advocate on client emails, request various documents including medical and military records, drafting/mailing correspondence, completing various VA forms, and reporting to the team leader.
- Build relationships with clients
- Communicate with clients via telephone, email and mail
- Review client/advocate/staff emails and respond accordingly
- Assist clients with completing their Initial Packet Questionnaire
- Assist clients with filling out forms
- Request Military Documentation
- Compose/send letters and faxes to BVA, ICMHS for clients
- Ensure that VA correspondence involving Statues of Limitations are entered in a timely manner
- Send Letters and forms to clients as needed
- Send out Medical Request Forms to Doctors
- Maintain current correspondence, medical records evidence and VA records
- Draft Engagement letters, DRO arguments, motions, and petitions as requested by advocate
- Follow up with VA to confirm receipt of appeals, maintain a timetable for requests for information in an effort to keep the clients file current or to petition when necessary
- Mail paperwork, forms, letters and documentation as required and needed
- Obtain lay affidavits from client, family members, etc.
- Sort mail daily for documents and correspondence that apply to scheduled tasks
- Set tasks and deadlines in Calendar and Prevail based on mail received
- Fax documents
- Enter necessary notes into Prevail system
- Keep advocate calendar and schedule appointments
- Consult with advocate when needed related to case matters
- Assist with client file and records reviews as requested by advocate including: outlining and bookmarking file, creating procedural histories, reading and bookmarking medical and service records for evidence in support of disability claims, engaging vocational experts and independent medical opinions