Are you looking for a hands-on and technical role? The TGW Resident Automation Technician role is perfect for you! The Resident Automation technician role is located on our onsite teams, based directly at our customer site in Kansas City, Kansas. As a member of our onsite team, you will possess a broad-based electrical and mechanical skillset and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve the site’s performance.
Now accepting applications for all levels – entry-level to experienced professionals! For all levels, a strong training plan is in place to tackle not only TGW equipment, third-party equipment, and health & safety
Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Complete automation maintenance activities of the automated equipment on-site including, conveyors, cranes, shuttles, scale checks and carton opening system.
2. Resolve TGW automation equipment issues as quickly and practically as possible.
3. Complete preventative maintenance assignments and the associated work orders as assigned.
4. Maintain the site spare parts inventory.
5. Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation at all times.
6. Actively work with the customer to optimize the automation performance to deliver contracted KPIs.
7. Adherence to high quality standards.
8. Collaborate with broader TGW Lifetime Services team to track, document and communicate issues and lessons learned.
9. Ability to communicate effectively with the entire onsite team and customer at all levels.
1. Associate or Technical degree / certificate – Mechatronics / Industrial Maintenance / Electrical Controls Engineering, or equivalent experience.
2. Previous experience in electro mechanical troubleshooting and repair with material handing conveyor, AS/RS and shuttle experience preferred.
3. Previous experience in high stress scenarios requiring conflict resolution and social skills preferred.
4. PLC troubleshooting (Allen-Bradley, Siemens, Rockwell, Beckhoff) preferred.
5. SCADA experience preferred.
6. Proficiency with interpreting CAD schematics for use in diagnostics preferred.
7. Profibus, Profinet experience preferred.
8. Strong communication skills and customer focus.
9. Approximately 10% travel may be required.