A Little Bit About Us
Wagner Machine Company is a small, but growing, manufacturing company. We currently have 49 employees, and we are excited to add additional team members in the next quarter. We understand the day-to-day life of our employees because we have been there ourselves. We are a company that is owned and operated by machinists. Most of our top leadership started out as machinists and will happily jump in to help troubleshoot tricky issues.
We are quite literally a family company, with some 2nd and even 3rd generation employees on our team. Additionally, 50% of our staff have been with us for five years or more and many have been working with us for over 10 years! Wagner Machine Company is a close-knit community, we even enjoy spending time together outside of business hours. You won’t be just a number here, we’ll know you by name and if you give us enough time, we’ll probably know your kids’ names, too.
Wagner Machine offers opportunities and benefits that are typically found at much larger corporations while maintaining the atmosphere and flexibility of a small shop. We offer health and dental insurance, 401k options, paid vacation time, paid holidays, parental leave, short and long-term disability, company provided apparel, a four-and-a-half-day work week, and breakfast every Thursday!
At Wagner Machine Company we encourage all our employees to grow and advance professionally. We will happily pay for classes to help you take the next step in your career with us. We want all our employees to be the best at what they do! Our employees don’t need to wait for a position to open before learning new skills, if you’re ready to take the next step then we work with you to do so. Our goal is to train you well enough that you can get a job anywhere but treat you well enough that you’ll want to stay.
Wagner Machine Company Values
- Communication - Maintain clear communication between all areas of the company.
- Humility - Work smarter, not harder. Asking for help is the smart thing to do. Acknowledge your weaknesses so you can learn, improve, and grow. (Just because you saw it on YouTube, doesn't mean you are proficient at it)
- Integrity - "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you." Matthew 7:12a
- Innovation - Apply our collective machining knowledge to make "impossible parts". Encourage problem solving and outside-the-box thinking on an individual level. Continue to explore and apply new manufacturing processes and technologies.
- Development - Train our employees well enough that they can get a job anywhere; treat them well enough they want to stay.
Seeking The Best For Our Mill Department Lead!!
Wagner Machine Company is looking for an all-around great person to join our team. We are excited to find a Production Supervisor who can lead our team by demonstrating grace, humility, and machining excellence. Production Supervisors at WMC value teaching and mentorship and understand the importance of innovation and thinking outside the box to solve complex issues.
We are a driven and hands-on team, with a strong emphasis on “team.” The ideal teammate is someone who’s willing to jump in headfirst and tackle customer projects together. Our employees are passionate about our work, and we want you to be excited about manufacturing and machining, too. We encourage everyone to face challenges head on and have fun while we’re at it.
You should not only have strong managerial skills, but excellent interpersonal skills. We are looking for a leader who can delegate tasks, is results driven, and can handle multiple projects at one time. We believe our supervisors should be able to handle any issue with composure, compassion, and a healthy dose of humor.
If you’re highly motivated, creative, fun to work with, a strong communicator, and strive to better yourself every single day, then we want to talk with you!
- Excited about the manufacturing industry
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Strong organizational, communication, and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and handle multiple projects at a time
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Ability to guide employees and delegate effectively
- Proven ability to train and develop employees in your line of supervision
- Give direct and timely feedback
- Can take appropriate and decisive action based on observation and experience
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to respond effectively to any situation with flexibility, composure, and a good sense of humor
- Propensity to improve processes and maximize efficiency
- Lead by example
- Assign jobs to machinists based on scheduling requirements, skills, and training opportunities
- Ensure machinists are completing their assigned duties effectively
- Encourage machinist productivity during down time (e.g. cleaning, assembly, deburring, special projects, etc.)
- Communicate with Quality Department to ensure acceptable part quality and timely inspections
- Review target cycle times vs. current cycle times in department
- Work with machinists & Production Manager to optimize cycle times
- Complete spot checks of completed parts
- Consult with Production Manager when direction or assistance is needed
- Machining techniques
- Work with HR when needed to address performance and discipline issues
- Monitor and enforce that WMC policies are being followed
- Maintain accountability to performance standards and core values
- Other duties as assigned