Education and Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent and completion of the Police Academy or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
Possession of a valid State of Arizona driver’s license.
Required Knowledge of:
- Police Department general orders, policies and procedures.
- Town, county, state and federal laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Criminal justice and court systems, procedures and protocols.
- Law enforcement principles, practices, procedures, techniques and equipment.
- Principles and practices of investigative and interrogative procedures, techniques and protocols.
- Uses and applications of personal computers and various software applications.
Required Ability to:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with Town staff, Council members, various external organizations and individuals and the general public.
- Work effectively with other law enforcement agencies and organizations.
- Apply law enforcement principles, practices and procedures to solve cases.
- Administer laws and regulations, make decisions, maintain composure, and work effectively under stressful conditions.
- Evaluate facts and evidence, drawing logical conclusions and making proper recommendations.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Assess and prioritize multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Operate a personal computer utilizing a variety of business software.
- Effectively use firearms and operate law enforcement vehicles.
Physical Demands / Work Environment:
- Work is performed in both indoor and outdoor work environments. May be required to perform a full range of motion with lifting and/or carrying supplies, materials, equipment and/or items weighing up to 100 pounds. Potential exposure to adverse weather conditions. May be exposed to potentially violent individuals. May be exposed to hazardous chemicals. May be exposed to infectious diseases. Vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Required to pass Arizona POST background requirements.