Do you enjoy helping utilities with big technology projects? Do you thrive when working with cross-functional teams to find solutions to utility technology issues? Do you like to develop and deliver solutions to complex problems encountered by utility companies? Do you find fulfillment in driving change and helping utilities modernize their technologies?
At E Source, our passion for sustainability and energy efficiency fuels our work. We provide research and advisory services to electric, gas, and water utilities with the goal of increasing the effectiveness of their operations, customer programs, and customer relationships. We're on a mission to help our clients evolve into customer-centric organizations that make data-driven decisions. And we like to have fun while we do it! At E Source, work is not an antonym of play.
Here are the values we live by at E Source:
- Be the best at what you do - provide high-quality work in all aspects of your job.
- Do the right thing - have integrity, be trustworthy, and put the team above personal gain.
- Lead the change - lead with curiosity, innovate, and embrace change in order to grow.
- Cultivate community - build relationships, assume positive intent, and foster a culture of inclusivity.
The senior consultant is a key participant in assigned client engagements. The successful candidate will contribute to consulting projects of all sizes, providing support wherever needed. They'll contribute domain expertise across all practice areas - strategy, planning, and implementation - depending on business needs and skill sets. They'll lead the development of their respective practice area and will take an active role in thought leadership and knowledge-management activities.
This person will also contribute to direct and indirect sales activities, supporting proposal development and identifying opportunities with existing clients. They'll actively build productive networks with our clients staff, subconsultants, and vendors.
How you'll contribute to our mission
- Demonstrate experience in systems and integration architecture of multiple domains of distribution operations systems - such as advanced metering infrastructure, geographic information systems, outage management systems, and meter data management systems - including participation in the development of system context diagrams, physical and logical architectures, and documentation of existing and new architecture in plans; knowledge of energy or water analytics and customer engagement portal implementation, a plus
- Demonstrate test engineering knowledge in overall test strategies, plans, scripts, and defect tracking and resolution tools; and participate in the resolution of issues identified in testing with affected client and vendor organizations
- Understand typical utility business processes and how technology supports overall business requirements
- Participate in the creation of technology roadmaps and help to shape clients IT strategy
- Actively participate in multiple high-value projects, delivering work products and deliverables to clients on time and within budget
- Participate in the creation of new knowledge capital and actively support the development of new tools, techniques, methods, or skills to drive client success
- Engage in open and proactive communication with the project team and clients, helping to develop the client relationship with the goal of being recognized as a trusted member of the project delivery team
- Identify opportunities with existing clients, providing substantive assistance in proposal creation as requested
- Be a high achiever with a positive attitude, act with openness and integrity, and freely contribute to team and client success
What will make you a good fit
- A bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- Four to eight years of consulting experience with solutions architecture
- Demonstrated solutions architecture knowledge within the utility sector
- Proven and effective communication skills, including the ability to support a project team with thoughtful and informed input and customer understanding
- The ability to embrace and support change, suggesting innovative ideas and assisting with the development of new service offerings or technical solutions
The budgeted range starts at $80,000 - $128,000 + annual bonus. Actual pay will be adjusted based on experience.
- We offer excellent insurance packages, including medical, dental, and vision plans; company-paid life insurance; company-paid long- and short-term disability insurance; and medical and dependent-care flexible spending plans.
- We offer flexible schedules and generous paid time off as soon as you start, including three weeks of vacation, eight paid holidays, two floating holidays, and seven sick days a year. We have additional time-off banks for jury duty, bereavement, and parental leave.
- We offer a 401(k) with a 3% employer match.
This is a remote position, but ideally if you are in Birmingham, AL, Baton Rouge, LA, Buffalo, NY or Boulder, CO, we'd love to have you work in one of our offices from time to time.
Applicants must be authorized to work for any employer in the US. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of employment Visa at this time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.