CHARACTER TECHNICAL ARTIST (RIGGING)
Deck Nine Games currently has an opening for a Character Technical Artist to join our amazing art team. If you love collaborating with artists and animators to create expressive, quirky and memorable characters that fans fall in love with we’d love to talk with you.
You will work in close collaboration with animators, modelers, and the artistic and technical animation director in order to produce high-quality rigging and skinning with emphasis on facial rigging. The role will require you to jump into the unknown and solve new problems, exercising your ability to think creatively to resolve technical and artistic challenges and limitations. The ideal candidate is passionate about games and has 2 years’ minimum experience that covers a complete game development cycle.
- Establish and maintain rigging pipelines and standards between Maya and Unreal Engine
- Carry out the rigging and skinning of characters and props to meet the needs of project animators, with a particular focus on facial rigging for real-time game assets
- Propose and implement tools to produce the best possible results and incorporate them seamlessly into the existing pipeline
- Work closely with the animation team to implement control rigs to improve and simplify their workflow
- Liaise with Art, Animation, Mocap, Tech and Production
- Export from Maya and set up game characters in the engine, ensuring the final result meets the artistic standards of the project
- Support the Art Team with their technical needs, find and develop solutions to content creation pipeline issues
This position can be either fully remote or at our Westminster, Co studio