The position is responsible for assisting the Vice President of Enrollment Management and Director of Admissions with international student recruitment goals. This position is responsible for coordinating and executing recruitment strategies targeted to enhance the international student population at Walsh University.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plan and implement recruitment activities for assigned population, including travel activities and developing an inquiry pool, conversion of inquiry to applicant, applicant to admit, and admit to enrollment.
- Research and provide data driven input to develop the strategic international recruitment plan.
- Manages the I-20 process from the time of acceptance through the point the student passes their visa interview as a designated school official (DSO).
- Responsible for processing, reviewing, and evaluating all international applicants admissions materials
- Collaborates with the Office International Student Services
- Lead the planning and organizing recruitment programs for prospective international students.
- Responsible for assisting with all on-campus and virtual recruitment events
- Develops and fosters relationships with college counselors, agents, and/or independent consultants
- Plan and execute approximately 8 to 10 weeks of recruitment travel in an assigned domestic and international territory through visiting high schools, college fairs and overseas tours.
- Conduct interviews with prospective students and family members who visit campus.
- Maintain record comments and applicant progress in the university's CRM software system.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) of this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Required Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
Must understand and support the Mission, Vision and Code of Ethical Conduct of Walsh University, as a Catholic higher education university as expressed in Ex Corde Ecclesiae, and possess the following:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience serving diverse populations
- Prefer some knowledge of higher education, academic programs and international admission practices.
- Willingness to work night and weekend hours
- Proficiency in computer applications and a CRM (preferable Salesforce)
- Valid driver's license
- Must have a valid U.S. passport
Skills and abilities:
- Professional demeanor and ability to interact with charity towards students, staff and faculty. Positive attitude a must.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- Mobility to work in standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including extensive use of a computer and keyboard
- Sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Gross and fine manipulation
- Vision to read printed materials and a computer screen
- Hearing and speech to verbally express information or instructions
Applicants must submit a completed online application and any additional documents requested by the search/interview committee. This may include resume, unofficial transcripts, etc.
About Walsh University
Walsh University is seeking a dynamic, energetic, and passionate individual who is enthusiastic about the environment found on a private, values based, Catholic liberal arts campus. Walsh University believes in the desirability of a small university that promotes academic excellence, a diverse community and close student-teacher interactions. A commitment to the Judeo Christian tradition, diversity and service learning are critical to the mission of Walsh University. Walsh University is committed to principles of equal opportunity and is an equal opportunity employer.