The Fleet Science Centers Administrative Assistant advances the Fleets mission by providing support to the Fleets Executive TeamChief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, Vice President of Advancement and Vice President of Community Engagementand interacting with the Board of Trustees, donors and community stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for this position will be detail oriented, organized and will have good written and verbal communication skills. This position requires a high level of discretion, tact and diplomacy. Being motivated by the Fleets mission to connect everyone to the power of science, is also a plus.
In addition to the duties outlined below, the Administrative Assistant and all Fleet employees are expected to professionally and openly collaborate and engage with their co-workers and our volunteers.
Reports to: President/CEO
Primary Duties and Responsibilities, including mental requirements of position:
- Manage the CEOs schedule and coordinating meetings and travel schedule.
- Manage the CEOs and COOs office during absences and acts as a point of contact for all internal and external communication.
- Support the Fleets Board of Trustees in advance of meetings, during meetings and follow-up to Board items.
- Assist with scheduling appointments and meetings for V.P. of Advancement and V.P of Community Engagement.
- Generate letters and routine correspondence to donors and file correspondence and other records.
- Ensure legal contracts, letters of agreement and confidential documents for the CEO, COO and the Board of Directors are maintained and easily accessible.
- Assist with Board, Development and Membership events as needed, which includes duties such as set up, check-in and more.
- Effectively manage large and small-scale administrative projects ensuring timelines are observed and project outcomes meet/or exceed expectations.
- Other duties as assigned
THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THE GENERAL NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK BEING PERFORMED BY THE PERSON ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. PRINCIPAL DUTIES ARE INTENDED TO DESCRIBE THOSE FUNCTIONS THAT ARE ESSENTIAL TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THIS JOB. AN INCUMBENT MUST BE ABLE TO PERFORM ALL OF THE ESSENTIAL DUTIES OUTLINED ABOVE.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT STATE OR IMPLY THAT THE ABOVE ARE THE ONLY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES ASSIGNED TO THIS POSITION. AN EMPLOYEE HOLDING THIS POSITION WILL BE REQUIRED TO PERFORM ANY OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES AS REQUESTED BY MANAGEMENT. ALL REQUIREMENTS ARE SUBJECT TO POSSIBLE MODIFICATION TO REASONABLY ACCOMMODATE INDIVIDUALS WITH A DISABILITY.
Tools and equipment used to perform this position: Computer, Microsoft Office Suite, telephone, copy machine, fax, office supplies.