What You Will Bring to Our Team
- Certified through one of the following or equivalent organizations: (Preferred)
- Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT)
- The International Association of Animal Behavior Consultants (IAABC)
- The International Association of Canine Professionals (IACP)
- National Association of Dog Obedience Instructors (NADOI)
- Strength and stamina to keep up with active dogs of all sizes
- Knowledge of basic animal behavior
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Previous experience working with dog playgroup, daycare, or day camp settings
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Warm and friendly demeanor and a client-centric mindset
- Passion for animals, particularly dogs
- Strong interest in the use of technology to advance the pet/pet parent experience
- Ability to collaborate and positively contribute to the team environment
- Adaptability to changing operational needs
- Fear free and HABRI certification or desire to become trained
Meet Heart + Paw
Heart + Paw is an integrated pet care company serving pets and their parents. Bringing together a tailored physical space and digital experience designed for the dynamics between pets, their parents, and the care team, our centers serve the modern dimensions of pet parenthood. Heart + Paw will offer veterinary care, grooming, day care, retail, and other complementary services at its centers. Thoughtfully designed, digitally enabled and powered by the best and the brightest, Heart + Paw is designed to be a destination for pets, pet parents, and our team.
We know that our spaces impact our lives. Our space will reflect our core values and include thoughtful details like natural light, a greeting bar, and transparent visibility to our services to make pets and their parents feel welcome from the first step. With pets at the center, our design elements and pet care techniques embody the leading edge of research in low stress handling including a fun, safe, and enriching play environment in our dog daycare area.
Our elevated experience extends beyond pets and pet parents to our entire team. Each center will be newly built with modern equipment and there will be spaces designed just for our teams including a well-equipped breakroom, ample office space, and private employee-only bathroom.
Heart + Paws entire team is committed to creating a new employee experience, one that allows our teams to do both. With our extensive veterinary and operational background, we have put a great deal of thought and resources into every aspect of the employee experience: physical space, compensation, benefits, technology, equipment, caseload, and staffing. We believe the employee experience is an essential part of petcare reimagined.
Heart + Paw is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.