At Bennett Thrasher, we offer the expertise and opportunities of a large accounting firm, while providing a commitment to culture and a family-like work atmosphere. By joining our firm, you’ll have immediate opportunities to collaborate on meaningful work with clients in a variety of industries and work together with other associates across practices. You’ll not only be able to dive into challenging projects with a diverse set of clients, you’ll also have opportunities to participate in firm activities that reflect your individual passions; from our Business Resource Groups to the BT Foundation.
We work hard to help our clients solve challenges, but we also believe in taking time for what matters and offer benefits for you that reflect this mindset. We offer a competitive benefits program that includes generous vacation time, exceptional opportunities for growth and flexibility in both our dress code and work model. Apply today to learn more about how you can excel in a career with Bennett Thrasher.
Bennett Thrasher (“BT”) has an opening for a Administrative Assistant. The administrative assistant will perform diverse secretarial and administrative duties as needed to increase the time the team has to execute client facing duties and support his or her relative team. We are looking for a team-oriented, highly organized and proactive individual to ensure smooth operations of the team.
- A thorough knowledge of the following software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Engagement, Document, Portal Server, STAR (time and billing software), telephone systems, Zoom, Teams, etc.
- A sound understanding of Firm’s business and service lines
- Knowledge of building, office and Firm services
- A thorough knowledge of supporting technology to support daily functioning of the Firm. Measures include: copy machines, fax machines, scanners, supplies
- Supports shareholder(s) and managers(s) with administrative functions as appropriate. These include: calendaring, phone support, expense reporting, time entry, travel arrangements, and maintaining documentation and billing (if appropriate)
- Supports the daily operations of the Firm and Service Line. This includes: ordering supplies, mailings/ Fed-Ex, filing, errands, catering, event planning, receptionist coverage and other duties as appropriate
- Responsible for E-filing of tax returns
- Responsible for billing, which includes proactive billing by analyzing Work In Progress (WIP) and reviewing fixed fee engagement letters
- Assists with A/R Collections
- Sets up new clients and handles engagement letters
- Handles client maintenance and updates
- Has a positive attitude and works cooperatively in teams to provide quality service to clients
- Attends and is able to participate in internal and client meetings as needed
- Maintains open communication with management regarding the progress of completion on projects