What you’ll do here
- Examines loan documentation for accuracy and completeness, while working with Mortgage Consultant and/or production staff to secure all required documents.
- Reviews and verifies income, employment and credit history of applicant, requesting additional information as needed.
- Scrutinizes accounts from which applicant’s funds originate.
- Reviews property appraisal to see if property valued correctly to warrant the loan amount requested.
- Underwrites and applies needed conditions to mortgage applications to assure borrower meets program/ products specifications.
- Communicates status and decisions (approval, suspense, denial) to the appropriate individuals in accordance with company SLA’s.
What you’ll need
- College graduate with business/finance major preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ recent experience underwriting residential mortgage loans.
- Experience with Encompass a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Must have thorough understanding of underwriting guidelines and ability to evaluate loan risk.
- Proficiency in underwriting complex personal/business tax returns and financial statements.
- Thorough knowledge of MI policies.
- Strong understanding of various documentation types and loan programs.
- Must have strong analytical skills, including math and auditing.
- Good decision-making skills, backed by relevant details and research.
- Proficiency with Word and Excel or similar software packages.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, oral and written, with a focus on good customer service.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment, while practicing sound lending judgment.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter, producing results in a timely manner.
- Be a team player.
What we provide
- Medical, Dental & Vision
- Voluntary Life, AD&D, LTD & STD
- Work-life balance
We live and breathe our core values: Support, Collaboration, Innovation, Fast-Paced & Pride! Our success over the past decade is largely due to our vision to hire the BEST people in the industry. Is that you? If so, JOIN OUR TEAM!
On Q Financial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity. We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, non-binary, veterans & individuals with disabilities to apply. Diversity and inclusion are vital to fulfilling our Mission to simplify the mortgage process to make the dream of home ownership a reality—for everyone.
Our Multicultural platforms are disrupting the industry which is only made possible by our diverse, unique, and inclusive family. THE DREAM IS INCLUSIVE!