The primary responsibility of the Underwriting Assistant is the timely and accurate completion of all rating and policy issuance transactions including new business, renewals, endorsements, cancellations, reinstatements, and audits in accordance with all underwriting, rate, rule and entry manuals. The Underwriting Assistant will work closely with the underwriters to achieve department goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and input new business, renewals, endorsements, cancellations, reinstatements, policy changes and audits through the policy processing systems for assigned lines of business.
- Accurately interpret and execute underwriter instructions
- Compile reports, maintain files and logs as required
- Order underwriting reports such as MVRs, inspections and specific rates
- Manage workflow to ensure company service standards are met
- Respond to inquiries from agents regarding rating procedures and status of work
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with customers (internal and external)
- Identify and report system problems
- Other duties or projects not defined in this position description as directed by supervisor/management