The Customer Service Representative ("CSR") will serve as the first point of contact for Claims and Billing questions. The CSR will be responsible for Handling basic, routine calls and escalates more complex or difficult situations to a Claims Supervisor, Staff Adjuster, Billing Service Representative or Billing Manager, as appropriate. The Customer Service Representative does this while providing an exceptional customer experience.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take phone calls from policyholders or agents pertaining to incoming Claims losses and Billing payments and/or inquiries.
- Direct complex questions to the appropriate Staff Adjuster or Billing Service Representative.
- Input Claims data into Salesforce.
- Use Salesforce to research information needed to answer caller questions.
- Use company software and systems to access claims information, research policy information, take premium payments, etc.
- Other policyholder support functions as designated.
- Research policy information on returned mail.
- Present all communications, both written and verbal, in a professional manner and accurately document all necessary and pertinent customer information obtained either verbally or through correspondence with Internal and external customers using the policy system or the internal portal.
- Sort, scan and/or file correspondence and perform miscellaneous clerical duties such as responding to correspondence.
- Work effectively and collaboratively with internal customers to ensure service standards and customer needs are met.
- Maintain assigned workload in a current status while consistently meeting department standards and provide team coverage as needed.