Job Posting Summary:
Ensworth is now accepting applications for Lifeguards. This is a non-exempt, variable hour position with a shift schedule of approximately 12 hours per week. The primary responsibility of a lifeguard is to ensure the safety of all patrons by minimizing or eliminating hazardous or dangerous situations. The qualified candidate will need to be able to solve on-the-job issues by utilizing critical thinking and problem solving skills with diverse populations and programs. Lifeguards must be able to enforce pool policies and explain why policies are in place.
Key Responsibilities and Essential Functions:
- Abide by Ensworth’s Employee Handbook and Code of Conduct
- Commit to the ideals expressed in Ensworth’s Mission Statement, Vision Statement, and Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Statement
- Proactively work to create a safe environment while minimizing the risk of drowning
- Current lifeguard certification
- Strong familiarity with competitive pool environment a plus
- Familiarity with aquatics operational systems a plus
- Must be able to proactively communicate needs, expectations, deficiencies, etc.
- Must successfully complete background screening and verification
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Regularly works in Natatorium climate; Occasionally works outdoors in varying weather conditions and climate; regular exposure to pool chemicals such as chlorine
- Frequently required to move around the Natatorium. Occasionally/frequently positions oneself to work with small children on the floor, Occasionally moves around campus, ascends ladders, etc.
- Ability to occasionally move items weighing up to 50 lbs. in the Natatorium
- Sometimes works in a stressful environment, effectively dealing with a wide variety of challenges, deadlines, and a varied and diverse array of contacts. Stamina to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions
- Ability to work evenings on a daily basis. Ability to periodically work flexible hours to support weekend events.
Qualified candidates should complete an online application for employment and attach a résumé. Contact Christian Bahr at email@example.com with any questions.
About Ensworth School:
Ensworth is a kindergarten through twelfth grade, coeducational independent school. The School promotes academic excellence and inspires students to be intellectually curious, to use their talents to the fullest, to be people of integrity, and to be contributors to society.
Located on two campuses in Nashville, Tennessee, Ensworth enrolls approximately 1,200 students and serves families in more than 50 zip codes. Ensworth is recognized among the leading independent schools in the nation. The school’s challenging academic program is embedded in a culture of support and encouragement and reflects a commitment to the core skills of observation, collaboration, communication, analysis, questioning, evaluation, and most importantly, the application of knowledge. Graduates have the adaptability, resilience, and resourcefulness necessary for success in the 21st century and are not only prepared to meet the demands of the future but are also imbued with a sense of purpose and service to others.
Ensworth School is an extraordinary place to work and seeks employees who are passionate about learning and motivated by the opportunity to awaken that passion in students.
It is Ensworth's policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or any other reason prohibited by law. It is the intent and resolve of Ensworth to comply with the letter and the spirit of the law in the implementation of all facets of equal opportunity. This equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, evaluation, promotion, disciplinary action, termination, compensation and training. Employment decisions at Ensworth will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities.