Manager of Financial Services
Under supervision of the Senior Director of Finance, this position will assist in all phases of the accounting cycle, this will include the production of various financial reports and monitoring related practices and procedures. This position will record and analyze transactions and prepare and disseminate multiple reports.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervises and directs accounts payable and accounts receivable functions and team members.
- Manages the vendor compliance responsibilities – new vendor forms, collecting W-9s, insurance certificates, and 1099 filings.
- Ensures that submodules to the ERP system are accurately closed at end of month and all end of month reports have been run and saved.
- Researches and identifies posting issues with the general ledger and advise and /or make necessary corrections.
- Prepares and returns required government reports, insurance census reports, and other various regulatory reports and filings.
- Directs the management of banking activities such as ACH, Wires, Credit Cards, Travel Card Programs, and currency exchanges as well as the reconciliation of banking accounts and advises of opportunities to enhance banking activities.
- Works closely with other team members to assist and ensure correct costing information for general and administrative and operations costs.
- Assist in preparing budgets for assigned department and monitoring spending for cost cut measures.
- Make recommendations for changes as needed and ensure that company policies and procedures are followed and establishes the proper techniques to discover and prevent fraud.
- This position will require taking either the leadership role and the participant role in various teams throughout the organization.
- Run reports, balance and process month end close within software for A/P, A/R, and cashbook modules. Serve as primary backup for A/P and A/R.
- Process monthly invoices from various systems for entry into financial software. Process and coordinate related business unit transactions.
- Maintain records for audit and statutory filings.
- Complete monthly account reconciliation for various accounts.
- Administer account activities for Federal Appropriation. Develop a strong working relationship with trustees across all states.
- Work cross functionally with all departments to ensure proper accounting of financial transactions.
- Update and improve financial processes and procedures.