By joining Bio-Techne, you’ll join a company with a powerful and positive purpose of enabling cutting-edge research in Life Sciences and Clinical Diagnostics. Bio-Techne, and all of its brands, provides tools for researchers to further treat and prevent disease worldwide.
Research Associate - Microbiology QC Department
The responsibilities of this position are to participate in the Microbiology QC testing and reporting procedures: set up, read, and report the microbial QC bioburden and sterility testing of various sample types using culture methods that include direct plating, broth inoculation, and membrane filtration. Performance of environmental monitoring for viable microbes, particle counts, and WFI/deionized water testing, reading, and reporting. Assist with efficacy and validation testing, new procedure development, new equipment IQ/OQ and calibrations. Perform general lab duties, assist with sanitization of clean rooms, and additional duties as assigned.
- Bioburden and sterility QC testing of raw materials, bulk products, and finished products using various culture methods including direct plate, broth dilution, and filter-culture. This includes culture set up, reading, and recording, as well as reporting via hard copy distribution and computer entry/scanning.
- Performance, maintenance, and recording of the ongoing culture system for Hematology products.
- Perform testing and reporting for the environmental monitoring program, which includes air, surface, particles, and heterotrophic plate counts of purified waters (some short travel between campuses required). Collection, set-up, and reading of cultures. Perform / assist in results follow-up, trouble-shooting, and corrective actions.
- Assist with validations for equipment and testing methods in compliance with cGMP, USP, and ISO regulations.
- Assist with development and validation of culture methods and continuous improvement of established SOPs.
- Miscellaneous administrative duties including printing documents from MasterControl and making copies; revising / reviewing SOP documents; raw materials check-in and retrieval of media Certificates of Analysis.
- General lab duties including cleaning (some requiring use of a respirator) and maintenance of cleaning logs; biohazard disposal; temperature recording; formulation and filtering of in-house media/rinse solutions.
- Assist with the monitoring of lab supplies and ordering.
- Follows company policies and practices as outlined in the Handbook and follows guidelines regarding safety as outlined in the AWAIR, Chemical Hygiene and Exposure Control manuals in accordance to the job. Additional duties as assigned.