The Vice President, Community Service & Engagement oversees the planning and deployment of the Fleets mission focused initiatives including all exhibitions,
education programming and community engagement efforts. The VP, Community Service & Engagement supports the pursuit of our mission by providing
leadership, management, and guidance to teams of professionals tasked with:
- Building and deepening relationships with communities across the county.
- Developing and growing networks of scientists, engineers, and STEM focused organizations
- Supporting educators, students, families, STEM professionals and adults through the development and delivery of educational programming
- Creating unique exhibition experiences both in our Balboa Park facility and within neighborhoods.
As a strategic thought-partner with the CEO and Senior Leadership the VP works to continuously evolve the vision and strategic direction of the Fleets community centered work. Along with other senior staff the VP, Community Service & Engagement actively participates in supporting an internal culture that fosters a sense of belonging and shared purpose.
Reports to: President and CEO
1. In partnership with the CEO and Senior Staff take a leadership role in developing the Fleets long- and short-term strategy.
2. Translate our community-focused organizational strategy into direct action within areas of responsibility by leveraging organizational strengths in
exhibitions, education, and community engagement growing the Fleets reach and impact.
3. Lead, support and work side-by-side with both Education and Exhibitions Department staff in pursuit of strategic goals.
4. Champion the organizations community-first philosophy with both internal and external stakeholders building meaningful relationships across communities.
5. Engage as a positive force in shaping the Fleets internal culture.