The Atlantic Capital Bank Associate Franchise Banker is a member of the business development team within the Franchise Finance line of business. The Associate Franchise Banker supports Franchise Bankers and Franchise Finance leadership in efforts to build and expand relationships with both prospective and existing borrowers. The Associate Franchise Banker will work directly with Franchise Bankers to obtain complete loan packages, recommend loan structures, assess credit risks, develop deal screens (referred to as view memos), engage Risk Management for loan approval, and assist as needed with the loan closing process. The Associate Franchise Banker may serve as the secondary point of contact for certain prospective and existing borrowers, in support of the Franchise Bankers. The Associate Franchise Banker assists Franchise Bankers, Franchise Finance leadership, and Risk Management in assessing and approving new franchise loan programs and periodic review of existing franchise loan programs and borrower relationships.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Assist Franchise Bankers with in-bound communication specific to new loan opportunities and on-going relationship management. These communications are generally from prospective and existing borrowers and loan program sponsors.
- Assist Franchise Bankers in effective business development activities to secure new clients and expand existing client relationships.
- Assist Franchise Bankers to engage directly with loan program sponsors and borrowers to understand critical issues and expectations for each loan request. Gather information to assemble complete loan packages.
- Directly spread or engage Risk Management to spread financial statements and relevant forecasts for new loan requests. Develop preliminary assessments of performance and credit risk using this financial information.
- Recommend to Franchise Bankers appropriate loan structure within framework of approved loan program parameters and create view memos to include (1) overview of borrower and loan request, (2) recommended loan structure and pricing, (3) initial assessment of credit risk, and (4) identification of strengths, weaknesses / critical issues, and relevant mitigates inherent in the loan opportunity. Assist in obtaining loan approval from Risk Management with concurrence from Franchise Bankers and Franchise Lending leadership.
- Assist in creating discussion term sheets and assist Franchise Bankers in presenting to the prospective borrowers.
- Coordinate with Risk Management and external legal counsel to generate loan documents.
- Assist with loan closing process as needed to ensure Risk Management, Loan Closing Administration, Loan Operations, borrower, borrower counsel, and loan program sponsor are effectively engaged.
- Coordinate with Treasury Services Sales to develop cash management and deposit relationships, when feasible and beneficial to borrower.
- Serve as secondary point of contact for select borrower relationships.
- Assist Franchise Bankers and Franchise Finance leadership with business development activities including (1) solicit prospective borrowers; (2) assess franchise concepts for consideration as new loan programs, (3) create and update internal information memorandums (referred to as concept memos) for various loan programs, and (4) participate in and lead ad-hoc projects as needed.
- Assist Portfolio Management Group related to periodic assessment of borrower performance, including the request of updated financial information from borrowers.
- Assist Portfolio Management Group and Risk Management as needed on critical issues identified in monitoring financial performance of borrowers including past due payments, covenant defaults, and documentation exceptions.
- Assist Franchise Finance leadership with updates and delivery of internal/external scheduled reports including pipelines and monthly / quarterly loan program portfolio reports.
- Remain up to date at all times on industry and competitive dynamics and impact of macroeconomic events on creditworthiness of loan programs and borrowers.
- Comply with the Bank Secrecy Act, OFAC and USA PATRIOT Act including Customer Identification Program, customer due diligence, identifying high-risk accounts, and reporting suspicious activities to Supervisor or BSA Department.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires travel, including client site visits and industry conferences.
Skills & Competencies
- Minimum of 2-5 years of commercial banking experience including underwriting / financial analysis experience.
- Accounting / Finance degree preferred.
- Franchise banking experience preferred.
- Demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient with Excel including modeling and advanced formulas; proficient with other Microsoft Office products.
- Preferred experience to include business development activities.
Notice to Recruiters: We value our recruiting partnerships, but to protect the interest of all parties, Atlantic Capital Bank (ACB) does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters. All recruiting is managed through ACB’s Human Resources Department and contacting hiring managers directly is not appropriate. If you would like to develop a recruiting relationship, please work directly with Talent Acquisition. All unsolicited resumes submitted through our website or to ACB email accounts shall be deemed property of Atlantic Capital Bank.