The law firm of Norris McLaughlin, P.A. in Bridgewater, NJ has an immediate need for a full-time Sr. Litigation Support Specialist to join the Practice Support Services team.
Under direction of the Director of Practice Support Services, the Sr. Litigation Support Specialist is responsible for the delivery of high-quality support and litigation services to the Firm. Working closely with legal staff to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction, the LSS understands software and its functions, identifies, and resolves the internal clients’ needs and issues, follows through on all inquiries, builds and maintains strong working relationships with staff and attorneys, analyzes data for quality control and accuracy, and works in-depth with various technologies to perform research and other functions as needed.
- With the Director of Practice Support Services, participates in practice support technology strategy, implementation, and operations, including all hardware and software systems related to case document databases, ESI processing, indexing, and OCR.
- Determines technology needs of litigators, evaluates possible solutions, and applies technology to meet their needs.
- Manages eDiscovery databases: Sets up, maintains, and administers imaged document and full text databases. Loads new data, images, or deposition transcripts in existing databases.
- Directly develops data quality control, query, and/or report design, and ongoing maintenance of databases directly or indirectly related to document images.
- Serves as a project manager across multiple cases to ensure all tasks are prioritized and deadlines are met appropriately; provides regular project status updates. Meets deliverables and budget expectations of attorneys and clients.
- Manipulates data, develops queries, and reports on existing databases.
- Provides direct training, troubleshooting, problem-solving, and technical support on all systems for systems users throughout firm.
- Maintains accurate records of job intake, requirements, media, and productions.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with attorneys, support staff, outside vendors and external clients.
- Informs and updates attorneys, paralegals, and administration in all offices about available departmental practice support technology and services.
- Inputs billable time in LMS+ software in a timely manner and on a regular basis.
- Provides bi-weekly case status updates to Director.
- Performs other projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 3-5 years litigation technical support/processing experience within a Litigation department of eDiscovery service provider
- Experienced with eDiscovery software, Concordance, Relativity, CS DISCO, or similar legal repository programs
- Can work under tight deadlines, carrying out multiple related activities at once and prioritize appropriately
- Can communicate and work well with internal clients at all levels including senior attorneys; has excellent customer service skills
- Is detail-oriented, self-motivated, and follows instructions with minimal supervision
- Can grasp concepts, perform research, and competently navigate programs
- Experienced in Microsoft Office 365
- Has working knowledge of a variety of eDiscovery tools, running keyword searches/reports, bulk uploads, etc.
- Experienced with eDiscovery data processing
To be considered for this position please fill out and submit the online application along with your cover letter and resume.
The job description as described above is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Firm does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sex, gender identity or expression, disability or atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of any individual, or because of the liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or the nationality of any individual or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, discipline, termination, lay-off, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.