In the Industrial establishment, this employee will control operation of single or multiple injection molding machines in the process of manufacturing product. Attention to detail while conducting measure checks and quality, and documentations. Other duties may be assigned as required by management.
- Basic Machine Operation Procedures:
- Complete Operator checklists at press startup.
- Assist Mold Setting Staff at press startup
- Complete and Confirm Product specific operator training is current via review of work instruction and training log; Inform the supervisor if training is not current.
- Understand and follow the work instructions for the job at hand. Inform the supervisor if work instructions are not available or are not clear.
- Perform Regular Injection Molding Operations:
- Operate injection molding presses (vertical and horizontal), heat staking presses, cooling fixtures
- De-gating presses within required cycle time to produce and/or process product.
- assist in maintaining quality of product by performing regular quality checks per work instruction at press
- Monitor automatic presses by collecting and delivering completed product to next production steps
- Assure work area is clean and organized at the start, during, and end of shift
- Perform Over-Molded Insert Plastic Injection Molding Operations:
- Pre-assemble and/or Pre-process components to be inserted (metal inserts, terminals, magnets, etc...)
- Insert components into plastic injection molds (rotary shuttle or horizontal type molding machines) and complete
- Molding cycle per work instruction and process parameter
- Remove the molded product from the injection mold and inspect for flaws per work instruction at press
- As necessary, perform secondary processes on the molded product such as: de-gating, trimming, terminal cutting,
- Stamping, heat staking, packing, etc...
- Sort product for flaws per work instruction
- Record production data on appropriate logs during shift.
- Assist in basic mold maintenance by cleaning parting lines or cavities of mold as necessary at the press.
- Knowledge of the EMS, QMS policies, goals and objectives. Assist with systems based on Lean principles and practices that meets or exceeds the requirements of EMS, QMS policies, goals and objectives and all other quality standards required to serve our target markets.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned by department manager.
- Use of Proper PPE as required by WCT Policy.
- Maintain good attendance and able to work weekends as needed.
- Complies with OSHA Safety and Health rules.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening.
- Assertiveness – Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea.
- Motivation – Ability to inspire oneself and others to reach a goal and/or perform to the best of their ability.
- Safety Awareness – Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee’s safety.
- Accountability – Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Communication/Oral – Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Analytical Skills – Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve problems.
- Problem Solving – Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Technical Aptitude – Ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information.
- Dependable - Must consistently demonstrate dependability, a great work ethic, initiative, ownership of issues, problem-solving abilities, and an exceptional attitude.
- Flexibility - Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, accept new ideas and input positively, and be open to new work approaches and processes.
- 1 year experience in manufacturing environment preferred.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
N = (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O = (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs./day)
F = (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs./day)
C = (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs./day)
Stand – C
Walk – C
Sit – O
Manually Manipulate – C
Reach Outward – O
Reach Above Shoulder – O
Climb – O
Crawl – N
Squat/Kneel – O
Bend – O
0-20 LBS. - C
21-100 lbs. (with assistance) – O
Push/Pull: - O
Other Physical Requirements:
Vision (Color, Peripheral, Depth)
Sense of Smell
Sense of Touch
Ability to wear PPE
REASONABLE FUNCTION STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.