Manage the editorial activities and responsibilities of the monthly Specialty Fabrics Review magazine, including delegating regular and assigned tasks to associate and contributing editors. Works with the Director of Content & Member Programs and other departments to achieve short- and long-term goals of the publications department. This position is eligible for remote work, and the candidate must reside local to ATA headquarters.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Researches and becomes conversant with important industry topics, trends and personnel in the specialty fabrics field; identifies topics and writers; contributes and keeps consistent the editorial style, content and themes.
· Serves in a leadership role in the Publications Department; works with Director of Content & Member Programs to produce editorial calendars, budgets, reports, forms and other magazine procedures and documentation.
· Functions as a resource for other editors, offering advice and expertise on other magazines
· Manages and coordinates all of the elements needed to produce each issue of the Review on time and within budget; researches topics and authors, determines article schedule, manages freelance budget; performs necessary mailings, assigns articles, logs invoices, writes, edits, formats and proofs articles, obtains images.
· In coordination with Director of Content & Member Programs and other departments, manages special editorial projects, such as white papers, special sections, supplements and webinars.
· Assigns articles and tasks to associate editors, working with the Director of Content & Member Programs to apportion responsibilities equitably and supply needed training.
· Monitors magazines through all stages of production; produces a run sheet before each issue closes, holds cover graphics meeting, proofs and corrects each print and electronic versions of proofs, holds to established production schedule.
· Works closely with other editors, production, marketing, ad sales, circulation, divisions and membership to promote short- and long-range editorial, advertising, magazine and association goals.
· Functions as team leader of the Review team; sets meetings and agendas, assigns responsibilities, monitors follow-through, presents results.
· Represents the magazine and ATA to the readers, members, Expo attendees and the industry.
· Contributes unique content and news updates to magazine website; communicates with associate editors about stories and news for e-newsletters and website.
· Available as needed in office for training, team meetings, or other special projects
· Performs related duties as assigned.