Are you an electrical engineer with manufacturing experience looking to travel up to 50% of the year? Enercon Industries offers excellent pay and benefits in the fascinating surface treating and cap sealing industries.
The Field Service Engineer is responsible for the inspection and testing of Enercon products in the plant before they are shipped. This position also provides personal technical equipment support at our customer facilities which is a key role in fulfilling Enercons dedication to service.
- Tests, calibrates, and performs setup for electrical and mechanical components used in all equipment manufactured by Enercon to ensure excellent product quality
- Inspects incoming components and outgoing company products prior to shipment to ensure accuracy and eliminate deficiencies
- Performs routine inspections, maintenance, and upgrades in the Test/Repair departments and laboratories to maximize efficiency and minimize issues
- Performs special projects under the direction of Engineering, such as building test fixtures and setting up prototypes
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions to the component level as necessary
- Utilizes computers for various activities such as logging information and programming PLCs
- Provides training to new Enercon staff within the test/repair/service departments, and serves as technical resource for members of the sales department and lab technicians
- Inspects and repairs Enercon equipment returned by customers
- Performs start-up assistance at customer sites as needed, ensuring Enercon guidelines were followed during installation and communicates deficiencies found and the corrective action required
- Provides equipment audits, repairs, maintenance, and training on equipment manufactured by Enercon at customer sites as needed
- Provides timely technical support to customers via telephone and email correspondence as needed
- Evaluates maintenance activities at customer sites and develops a tailored periodic maintenance plan and details a recommended spare part listing in order to satisfy and exceed the customers needs
- Prepares field service reports, service billing worksheets, and expense reports, and promptly submits them to the Service Manager upon job completion
- Performs other duties as required.