The Litigation Legal Assistant will work in the New York office supporting the Litigation Practice Group. This position will involve tasks such as assisting attorneys in all aspects of litigation. Primary responsibilities will be managing calendars and assisting in meeting deadlines and preparing and editing correspondence. Proficiency in Microsoft Word necessary
- Drafting, revising, and reformatting pleadings, motions, correspondence, discovery, and other legal documents.
- E-file all court documents in state, federal, and appellate courts.
- Maintain pleading and discovery binders.
- Manage all incoming mail.
- Manage calendars and assist in meeting deadlines.
- Communicate with clients, courts, and attorneys.
- Opening new files, preparing conflicts checks and drafting engagement letters.
- Process monthly billing, time entry and general office responsibilities.
- Perform other administrative duties as assigned in support of attorneys.
The job description as described above is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Firm does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, civil union status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy or breastfeeding, sex, gender identity or expression, disability or atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait of any individual, or because of the liability for service in the Armed Forces of the United States or the nationality of any individual or any other characteristic protected by law, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, demotion, discipline, termination, lay-off, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, benefits and training.